Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls



Look at these beauties! My first homemade cinnamon rolls. Traditionally we bribe the children with them as incentive to sit quietly through the first session of conference on Sunday morning. Typically I just buy the ones you roll out of a can. This year since I kind of figured out bread, I thought I would give it a shot. Viola! They taste almost as good as they look. The frosting is a cream cheese frosting and I'm not sure if i love that or not. Either way, YUMMY!

This morning Katy woke me up at 5 am as usual. But usually Glade and the girls are up and take care of her. Not this day. Then the phone rang at 6am. What the heck? It was Chelsey's work telling her she didn't need to be in till 10:30. Thanks for the early notice. Since now the whole house was awake, I thought I would go down and help sort the produce. There were plenty of people there as I suspected there would be. The worst part was that the truck showed up an hour late so we just stood there waiting. When it finally got there, all sorts of people were lined up waiting. Everyone pitched in so it went pretty quickly. The only benefit to going is that you get first dibs at extra produce. Today I got and extra cantaloupe, lettuce, 2 bags of carrots and a carton of cherry tomatoes. That, in and of itself, might make it worth going. After I got my produce, I went and parked outside the neighborhood and took off for my run. The weather is much cooler in the mornings now. I still have a hard time pushing myself outside though. Not to mention, it's hard to run holding water so I haven't been taking any. I need water! I thought I ran about 3 and a half miles. When I clocked it after, it was just under 3. Bummer. It was still a workout I guess.

I planned to can peaches today, but there was too much to do elsewhere. I had to run Chelsey to work right in the middle of conference. Love the DVR! Brooklyn, Rhett and Stephen all came with me and we went birthday shopping for Brooklyn. She ended up with $50 worth of Barbie stuff. I talked her out of the Bratz. She was happy. She also got a new pink watch -ooooooh! Stephen and Rhett also bought watches. Rhett bought one on clearance for $4. Before we had even gotten home, he had tried to rip off all the security stuff and broken the buckle. Instead of telling me and seeing if I could fix it, he just threw it away (sigh), that child. We stopped at a boutique my friend Tracie was selling jewelry at and I bought two new beautiful bracelets. I love bracelets. We headed home, had lunch and put the babies down for naps. I had to go back and pick up Chelsey.

While I was gone, Glade got home. I got to see him for about 2 minutes. He was busy putting his camping stuff away and I had to run Chelsey to a baptism of a friend of hers. When I got back, I could hardly stand to go inside, the weather today was Fabulous! Whitley and I decided to hang our Halloween lights and decorations. We were short a string of lights so it doesn't look exactly like I planned but I think it will still be cute. Can't really tell till it gets dark. Glade and the big boys left for the Priesthood session of conference and I'm on my way to meet them for dinner. Tradition. All the wives meet up and wait for them, then we all have dinner. It's a nice tradition. Good weekend!

3 comments:

Heather said...

ohhhh when I got home tonight I saw that you tried calling. I missed dinner with all of you and my husband was home and could have gone. DARN DARN DARN.

Your cinnamon rolls look devine. Thayne is our cinnamon roll maker because they are amazing.

PS- TJ told me tonight to not even bother buying bread anymore and to just make the bread recipe you gave me because it is his favorite.

Lulu said...

I think I heard the "halleluja" sound when I looked at those glorious cinnamon rolls. Yum.

And darn that I didn't even order produce this time I would have gone with you.

And you actually have halloween lights??

Heather said...

Ok I was looking at my caller id and figured you would never have called me one minute apart 6 times in a row so it must have been one of your kids.