Friday, October 3, 2008

Cars and Costumes

I just read an article that reinforces that Satan is very much at large. I'm trying to link it, but I haven't figured that out yet. Silly lawsuits about having a day of prayer. Isn't you saying I can't pray a violation of MY rights? I'll never understand how anyone can make this seem logical.

Today started early with a trip to the car fix it shop. I hate my car. I have not even had it two years and have already spent around 2 grand in repairs. So much for it being economical. On the way to drop off the car, Katy screamed and screamed . We thought it was just cuz we didn't have her binky. When Chelsey got back there to try to help her, she realized there were ants crawling all over her. Her carseat had been outside before we put it in the car. Poor thing. My mom came and got me from the shop and we went to drop some stuff off at a yard sale where they were trying to raise money for a kidney surgery. The whole time we were there, Katy and Bo were squealing and yelling "I want this!" Everyone was thoroughly amused including myself. Bo walked away with some Pokemon stuff (i hate pokemon) and Katy got a barbie car. Then we went back to Mom's house and looked at costumes. Bo was hilarious. First the "rock star" costume. It was way too big. Then the lion, he roamed around on all fours growling, perfect. Nope, then it was the Indian. He and Katy will both be Indians, so cute. Not so fast, Buzz Lightyear. I think this is the final winner. It was all very exciting for him. While running around in his Buzz costume, he kept telling me he needed a fishbowl for his head. I was barely listening as this made no sense to me. When I told him we would paint his hair green, he again told me "no, I need a fishbowl for my head." This time I got it, a space helmet- aka- fishbowl. I wish I had had my camera at this point, but I didn't. We just hung out there until my car was done, then we went to get it while the little ones napped (Chelsey was there).

I picked up my kids from school and we headed back to grandma's house. They were quite as excitable as the little ones, but still struggled with that final decision. Brooklyn did the most trying on. stuff is so fun. We ordered pizza and made all the final gatherings. I think we ended up with: Whitley - princess (my old prom dress) Nick - Surfer Dude Stephen - a Mime Rhett - Pirate Brooklyn - Indian princess Dalin - Red Ninja Bo - Buzz Lightyear Katy - Little Indian princess. We still have four week, so who knows! These are just pictures of the craziness. Can you believe how many costumes we have?? If anyone is interested in borrowing some, feel free! We have every superhero, wizard of oz characters, indians, inmates, harry potter capes, lion, angels, brides, witches (good and bad), , gypsie, the list goes on and on.

The girls costumes


Some for the boys


Kids thrilled to have Little Ceasars.


Rhett and Brooklyn "shopping"


The boys have chosen and are checking out Bo's pokemon stuff

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Holy cow, that's a ton of costumes! How fun for your kids. :)
The cinnamon rolls look delicious. You're making me want to bake bread. Stop it.
I like your Priesthood session tradition. Bekki and I typically get a sitter (or use my kids now that they're big!) and get a pedicure and dinner while the guys go to conference and eat. We never thought of waiting at the restaurant for them. Smart!
Les.

Lulu said...

You weren't kidding! So many costumes. I love that Bo thought a fishbowl went on his head! And before I forget, what is what looks like a giant white fan behind the table? How cool is that??