Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cooking and Running

Family Circle

Bo comes to me this morning and says "I was in your mouth when I was a baby". I'm thinking "huh?" He proceeds to give me his theory on how he got out of my tummy. After explaining it to me, he then rethinks it and says he wasn't in my mouth and that there is no way out of my tummy. I just continued to eat my breakfast with a nod of "hmm." Then is says "sooooo, how DID I get out of your tummy?" Of course all the kids are on pins and needles to hear what I tell him. I started with the easiest "The doctor helped you get out." He does a big eye roll and head nod and says "oh, right!" (in total agreeance) Then Rhett chimes in "you don't go out the top you go through the EXIT."

Sunday was enjoyable to stay home with the kids and watch conference. They did mostly pretty well at sitting AND listening. We ate cinnamon rolls in between. My kids didn't love the cream cheese frosting either. I will have to try again with more goo and less frosting. Had a small family dinner at which I made something I have never made before. I have been quite adventurous in the kitchen lately. Last night I made my first home made chicken pot pie. It was good! My kids of course whined about the veggies.

Yesterday we got all our peaches canned. They are all floating. I have researched that and everything said it was fine, but I couldn't get any hard evidence of why. I still have a whole box of pears that are deteriorating quickly, but I can't find any jars.

This morning I hauled myself to the gym. I did 6 miles again, 4 running, two walking. I was 3 minutes faster than the last time I did it. I think I also figured out how to not have my butt hurt. I think when I get tired, my form gets really sloppy. If I concentrate on keeping my torso straight and my arms tight, it seemed to not bother me. I have a long way to go before I think I can run the turkey trot very successfully. Glade has been going 9 miles. He is an animal. I don't know how he does it.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Right when I was reading your latest blog entry...my email popped up because you posted a comment on mine. Our minds must be working together. First the same day blogs, then the aprons, and then reading eachothers blogs at the exact same time!! WEIRD!!

gena said...

Bo is soo funny! Gotta love those young incquiring active minds:)

Kristine said...

I was laughing so hard at the "mommy how did I get out" dialogue!! I loved Rhett's answer.

Thanks so much for all your comments and your prayers for Lindsay. Things are looking up and no permanent damage.

I am excited to see you at the Turkey Trot. Remember that race day the adrenaline kicks in and you do more than you ever thought you could! I am especially happy to hear that you figured out the whole "sore butt" thing!

Leslie said...

The exit...of course!
Glad you figured out how to keep your bum happy.
I just got a Home Canning book and this is what it says about floating fruit:
Fruit syrup may have been too heavy. Fruit may have been overripe. Fruit was not packed tightly enough into jar. Canning water was not boiling at start of process.
Hope that's helpful!
Les.

Unknown said...

Nellie says, "You eated me mommy" The other question is always answered by Keaton because he was a C-section. It is easy to explain the doctors roll in that one.