Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Emptying my Brain

Biggest Loser

To start, I have to say there are some really nasty women on it this time and I would love to see them go. The one nice girl on there gets sent home, what is wrong with this situation? I haven't been to the gym in a week, crazy. Lots of different reasons and it won't be until Friday that I can go back. During the show last night, I did jumping jacks, ran laps through my house and went up and down the stairs during commercials. While I was watching, I did dumbbells and sit ups. At least it's something. But really, these two nasty women are ruining the show for me. I used to turn it off inspired and emotional. Lately, just kinda ticked.

My Economic Car

Another $300 today. That makes $800 in the last two weeks. This is an '03 with 50,000 miles on it. A piece of crap is what it is. I so regret buying it.

Outings

While my car is getting fixed, my mom comes and picks me up and we go have some kind of outing. Isn't it sad that there is tradition are regularity here? Anyway, today we went to the mall, Bo's favorite place. I did manage to get through the day and spend less than $20. I can't believe Mervyn's is going out of business! Don't rush over there or anything, no big sales yet. Still disappointing. After we ate lunch, Bo and Katy both noticed the carousel so I thought, what the heck. That was until I got over there and got ready to buy a token. Three dollars! Are you kidding? To ride around on a horse for 2 minutes? No thanks. I took them down to the 75 cent bull downstairs. Shopping is getting much harder, Katy does NOT want to stay in the stroller.

Bo's funny

On the way to the mall, we were discussing how Katy is pretty stubborn and Bo pipes up from the backseat and says "She IS a stinkhead!"

On the way home, we were discussing why milk had to stay in the refrigerator. I explained that if it gets warm, it can make you sick. He paused and said "I like fresh milk." The reason this is funny is because when he was little and used a sippy cup, he might find one and I would take it from him and say "Don't drink that, let me get you some fresh milk." From then on, he would always ask for "fresh milk". He hasn't said it in awhile, but he still remembers that's what he likes.

Finally, and only pictures could really do this justice. My mom and I were looking at bras and we turned around and there were Katy and Bo both with enormous bras, Katy's blue, held up against their tummies. Katy was so proud. She was definitely aiming high!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I totally agree with you on the Biggest Loser stuff...especially Vicky, what a Witch!! Even as she loses weight she is getting uglier to me.

I am rooting for Coleen, Michelle and Amy to win.

Heather said...

I actually watched part of TBL last night, I don't know names but saw the girl crying all the way up some pole.

I am a Mervyns shopper so I to am sad but I kinda saw it coming.

Lulu said...

Oh you so needed pics of that bra episode.

You're poor car- you can borrow my van if you would like. I can fit my kids in jasons school car. Just call me!

Windi Hesler said...

Hey Laurie, found some time to finally read some of you and Sherri's blogs. So. . . . just thought I would stop by and say hello. Oh, also wanted to just say that the military may just bring us a little closer to your part of the world in the next year or year and a half. Chad is checking into an instructor position in California. Granted it's not just a hop, skip, and a jump but it's a lot closer than we have been thus far. I would love that!