Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day of Packing

The cleaning had to be done. I was very tricky about it though. On days off, they get bored easily. They are only allowed to have 30 min computer time. They can earn an extra 15 if they do a chore. Well of course everyone wanted more computer time by the afternoon. Viola! Then there's always the FHE treat. We couldn't possibly make a bigger mess on top of the old mess. By bed time there were only a few toys in the living room and some forks in the sink. Ahhh!

Yesterday I made homemade chocolate chip cookies to take camping. I always used to make these and they were pretty good. I couldn't find my old recipe so I got the Original Toll House recipe on line. They even gave tips to perfect cookies. Yuck. What a waste. I'm dying to find my recipe and see what was different. For one thing, she suggested tripling the amount of vanilla. I was chicken, but doubled it. Vanilla cookie anyone? I'm sure my kids will still eat them, so will I for that matter, but what a disappointment. I also made more bread for my family that is being left behind. This is the best batch I have ever made. The texture is almost that of what you would get in the store. Amazing! Now only if I knew how I did that.

Today is a packing, getting ready to leave day. My kids were all packed and dying to leave yesterday. In Stephen's words "What? Ya just throw some clothes and a sleeping bag in and go." Oh to be so naive. What would the world do without mothers? I'll give credit to the dads who so easily execute what the mothers think up. I will miss my hubby for 3 days. Thank goodness for my big strong boys. I'm actually very excited to go, I think we will have tons of fun! Back to the packing.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I always make the Toll House recipe and they are great. Rhett came over once and had them and said my mom never makes cookies like this, she just gets the bucket of cookie dough. He cracks me up.

Another thing is Samantha made your recipe for sacrament bread on Sunday and when Thayne had his class vote on Sunday to see who liked it hardly anyone liked it, even Whitley said she didn't like it. It is my families favorite bread I am just wondering if little pieces don't do it justice.

Lastly, Have fun camping you will have a blast! I can't wait to see pictures.

Kathy said...

I just realized that I haven't left a comment in a while...it must be all that talk about the awsome bread that I can't have. :-)

Have a great camping trip, and for the record I think you're crazy, not because you're going without Glade, but because you like camping. ;-)

Kathy said...

awesome

Leslie said...

Sorry to hear about the cookies. I always used to make my mom's recipe, but I found a couple new ones that I like too. I guess I'm not as picky as I used to be!
Les.

Lulu said...

ha ha- glad you told me this story in person, it makes blog reading much faster. Ü See you in a few hours! I'm just about packed!

gena said...

Love camping! You'll have so much fun. Love your cleaning idea-I think my kids would really go for that one:)