Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fevers, Oh My!

Yesterday morning both Bo and Katy woke up with fevers. Gave them both medicine and they felt better quickly. Sorry playgroupers, hope we didn't infect. I really needed to go to Costco, so I let them both rest and let the medicine start to work before I hauled them out to the store. I knew we were OK when Bo anounced "I'm really sweaty!" I know, but if I really thought this germ would come to a halt if I stayed home, I would have. Really. Anyway, they were great at Costco. We had our traditional pizza and then ventured to my mom's to drop off a few gifts for Christmas. She's my storage. I had been planning on this particular gift for Glade for months now, but I hadn't gone online to find it yet. Lucky for me, Costco had it!

Came home for naps which obviously both kids wanted and needed. Katy was a nightmare the rest of the day and all morning. She didn't appear to have a fever today, but still really grouchy. I went to the school to help set up for the Fall Carnival which we won't be attending. I was able to offer doughnuts for an activity so that made me feel better about not supporting the event. Glade and I went out for dinner and then to pack doughnuts. Not exactly a romantic night, but still nice. Both girls went to the football game so my boys were in charge. They did a great job. While we were gone, we got Phantom-ed! This is very exciting because we are never sure if we will get such a treat. We understand that goodies for a family this size is a little bit of work. We are always grateful when someone goes the extra mile for us. The kids called me as soon as it happened. I love this tradition.

Today is officially dubbed "crazy day". Started off with an early wakeup, crying Katy. We got up and around, the kids had doughnuts for breakfast. Glade and I decided to run outside this morning. I decided I'm just a big baby about the elements. My legs felt fine, but my chest hurt from breathing in cool air, which I'm not complaining about. Then my allergies were starting to act up. Had to blow my nose in my shirt...ewww! Then my head hurt from all the smells: hay, diesel fuel, horse manure, burning grass. We made it 4 miles though. Not too bad for having done nothing for 2 weeks.

Whitley had to be to play practice at 9, the other kids at 10. Doughnuts delivered around 9:15. Chelsey to work by 11 and some of the play kids picked back up by noon. Whitley picked back up at 2:30 and Chelsey at 3. Hence the reason for skipping the carnival. Brooklyn's friends are due to show up at 2:30 for her birthday party. We are going to see HSM3. I'm also taking most of the rest of my family. Thankfully Glade was available to do some of the running. I was able to squeeze in getting my nails done in between pickups. When I picked up the kids at noon, I was informed that Dalin had fallen asleep. Uh-Oh, you guessed it...Fever. We brought him home, gave him some Tylenol and he is resting. Glade is out trying to reestablish our mail box that keeps falling down. The day is half over and the rest is sure to be quite exciting. Let's just hope for no more fevers!

4 comments:

gena said...

I think the fever was going around-maybe nursery? Saydie had it on Monday but it didn't last long. Hopefully it doesn't go through the rest of the family...

Kristine said...

That was quite a day you had! Sorry the running outside was so eventful! I was just laughing about it all! I could tell you some good stories too! Did you like HSM3? I agree with you about the nasty women on the Biggest Loser! I think we should all get together and watch the finale!

Lulu said...

I am exhausted just reading that day- how was HSM3?? Any plans for conf weekend?? I am asking first this time!

Leslie said...

Sorry you have sick kids. I hope everyone's better today.
How was the movie?
I should just email you about this, but I'm lazy. I know I asked you to put me on your list for water barrels. I hope you forgot because somehow I've ended up with five!
Les.