Monday, October 27, 2008

Nightmare

Nightmare. That's what my last 24 hours would have been if I had actually been asleep! What ever is infecting my babies is about to make me crazy. I stayed home from church with them yesterday. Fevers have been very sporadic, but yesterday Katy turned up with a rash and her tongue is all raw looking. She hardly eats and complains all the time by sticking her finger in her mouth and crying. Bo has just been up and down, grouchy. Last night after a nice family dinner, we put them to bed. Katy slept for about an hour and then just started screaming. This of course started Bo crying. We took her out of her bed and into ours. She just wouldn't go to sleep. Every time we thought she was asleep, we would take her to her bed. She would start screaming again, leading Bo to more crying. This went on until about midnight. She was actually asleep and stayed in her bed, for an hour. Every hour she woke up crying. I would give her a Binky and she would go back to sleep, for an hour. About 3 am Bo woke up crying. His mouth hurt. He ended up spending the rest of the night in bed with us. Nothing like sleeping with a 3 year old's head jammed into your spine or his little toes digging into your thighs.

Today has been just as bad. I made the mistake of taking them to the store. I really needed to go. I was that "walmart mom'. At one point or another one of them were always crying. I just zoomed through and kept taking deep breaths. I have now decided to change the way I pray. No longer will I just pray for the "sick and afflicted" but also for "those who have to live with them!"

HSM3

My review will not be what I thought. I was a little disappointed. It was much more serious and Lovey Dovey than I had anticipated. Not that that is bad necessarily, but just not what I was expecting. Dalin and Bo were very bored and both almost fell asleep. That would have never happened in the previous movies. The music was also disappointing. I have several of the songs on my MP3 from the other 2, but none of these stuck with me. It was like they already had the scenes made up and tried to fit a song into it. The others it seemed like they had a really great song and made a scene to match. I don't know, it was OK, but by far my least favorite. My kids all liked it so I guess that's what matters.

Saturday night while I was at the movies, a couple in our ward invited us out to dinner. I dropped all the girls from Brooklyn's party off and jumped from my car to theirs and away we went. This was a perfect ending to my already go, go, go day. We have never spent much time with them so it was nice to get to know them a little better. It was also nice cuz we are usually the callers, so to be called was kinda nice. Not that I mind being the caller!! I should wear a tag entitled "Cruise Director". It's what I love.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Somebody called you!! Hurray! :) I'm so sorry your babies are so miserable and making you miserable too. Bummer. I'll pray for you.
Les.

Heather said...

No longer will I just pray for the "sick and afflicted" but also for "those who have to live with them!"

This by far is my favorite quote of the day. I feel so bad for you, is there anything I can come over and help you with?

Camille said...

So sorry about the sick kids, but I LOVE your new blog look. So cute!!

Lulu said...

Oh along with all the praying, I will be sure to add you to the list to not catch what they have. Ü