Thursday, April 10, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

What a difference a few Z's can make! I was a little sleep deprived yesterday and luckily for me (and my family) I got a great nights sleep and today has been really great. I can't even think of too many reasons why, it just has been. Went to Costco and spent way too much money. Saved a lot too though. I really hate unloading on Costco days. It really helps to have a man around the house at these times. That's why I 'm lucky to have Bo. No really. He loves to help carry things in and won't stop till the last item is in. He is the best. I even organized my pantry. That is no small task! I love seeing everything all lined up. Some times I walk in there just to look at it. Another thing I love, this may sound weird, but I love having a full tank of gas. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I always drive away saying "ahhhh". I even got a little nap today. Katy has been a total grouch, no wait, she's laughing, crying, laughing, crying....girls! Yesterday Bo was hugging? her sort of. I said "why are you hugging her like that?" He said "Cuz she's my friend." After their naps today, she went from total tantrum (has a bruise on her head to prove it), to giggling and tackling her brother. All within about 45 seconds. It's amazing that even at one year, sometimes she just needs a nice long soak in the tub to make things all better.

Glade went to Salt Lake today to look at some equipment. It's weird to think he was in another state. When he got home, we went to the gym together. I love being there. Had to leave early to go pick up Whit. Bummer.

Brooklyn and Dalin have spent approximately 7 hours in the last two days getting there room clean and laundry put away. Unbelievable. They really shouldn't be allowed to room together, but my options are limited.
I heard from my cousin Windi today who lives in Germany. This whole blogging thing has been really great for catching up with people. I really love reading everyone Else's. Is that weird? Everyone's lives are so different, yet so much the same.
My kids got their report cards and YEAH, pretty darn good. Dalin can't seem to spell to save his life, but other than that they all did really well. That's always a relief. One more semester and then it's summer! I'm only excited now cuz I'm ready to stop getting up early and stop doing homework and stop having a bedtime and stop driving and stop getting calls from the principal. About two weeks after they're home, my story will be different.

Yesterday I drove by the ball fields to take Whitley to volleyball and was a little sad I didn't have anyone playing this year. I don't miss the chaos of it all, but I miss being there. Last year was SO fun watching Stephen. They actually know what they are doing and make real plays, it was great. He broke his arm the week before tryouts, so he is sitting this one out and I just plain missed sign ups for Brooklyn. She was really good too. Ahhh, the memories. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Gonna go have a nice relaxing shower WITH my full bottle of conditioner!

By the way, tomorrow is my big weigh in...I gotta make those 3 lbs!






Here are some pics of why they have been in their room for so long. Pictures don't even do it justice! what you don't see is everything under the bed and behind the closet door. They filled an entire garbage back with actual garbage!

4 comments:

Windi Hesler said...

Hey Laurie, if it makes you feel any better about Brooklyn and Dalin's room my almost 17 yr old's room occasionally looks like that. Minus the playhouse of course. But we just look at it as being her space and if she wants to live like a pig then so be it. The only time I really harp on her is if we are going to have visitors. The way our house is set up she has two rooms and the one is used as a cloak room if we have company so that is a good excuse to get her to clean up. He he he. . . . don't know if she has figured that one out yet. So in answer to your question about us being here and how much time we have left that would be approxiametly 2 3/4 yrs. It's been a wonderful experience so far but I am ready to have my feet back on familiar soil. We are having difficulties finding a church of like faith and it really bumms us out. Well, it has been great catching up and look forward to reading more about your family and the daily happenings.

SherriH said...

at least you can see some of the floor in their rooms. You have to walk on Cassie's dirty clothes just to get to her bed. Mason's room you have to walk on his CLEAN clothes to get to his bed.

Raelynn was the same way and her house is very clean now. I guess it's just a teen thing and they will outgrow it.

Heather said...

Love your kids room. I know you already know this, but it is perfectly normal. It just drives us mom's crazy, as it should.

Lulu said...

I'm with you about the very organized pantry! And I actually asked Jason last week if the car runs better with a full tank of gas, because when I drive away I always feel the same as you! Seems to breathe a sigh of relief. ha ha