Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Bo!


It came, It came! Finally it is Bo's birthday. What a fun time we had at McDonald's. We arrived around 6, put out the table cloth(he he), got some dinner, and played a little. Grandma Green, Amy and family, and Sherry and family all showed up just a little later. I was worried about my big kids being ornery since they were too big to play on the slides, but lucky for me, they had video games. Normally I would really hate this, but this night, I loved it! Didn't hear from them at all. The little ones played and played. We opened gifts which was much fun. Every gift, Bo would say about 6 times "This is awesome!" He loved it all. Bo's grandparents in IL send him money for me to buy him things he will love so from them I got him: the diamondbacks ball cap from the previous posting, the Pooh lap top (not he can check his eeeee-mail), and the barney video. Thank You!!

We got cupcakes instead of one big cake which I thought would be much easier, and it was! It's always funny to watch them lick the frosting and then leave the rest of the cup cake. Not Katy though, she ate the whole thing. When I tried to take it from her to take the paper off, she swung it behind her back and smeared frosting all over Aunt Sherry who was sitting next to her. She is a girl who knows what she wants and will fight for it!

We were there until almost 8 pm and everyone behaved really well. Of course I got the comments from onlookers like"Crazy, brave, all yours?, etc" It was really fun and the mess stayed there!

This morning, his actual birthday, we all took turns giving him his birthday spankings, which for some reason, they all love. We love Bo, Happy Birthday handsome!

5 comments:

Lulu said...

I have been out of the blog loop for a few days and I had some catching up to do! Happy birthday Bo! Where did the birthday spanking thing come from? We got it when we were kids, and it is not something I have carried over to my own children...

SherriH said...

ok, I'm going to admit what a rotten aunt I am. Bo's birthday was the only one missing from my calendar book. I was going to ask you (when this lame brain could remember) when his birthday is so I can have it with the rest of their b-days.

It looks like you all had a great time. I am getting excited about you coming home. Only 23 days left! YIKES, I better kick my diet into high gear.

Tairi said...

Hey Laurie! Bo is tooo cute. I cant believe how much your family has grown! How fun! good job on the dieting and the gym thing!

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

hey, hey dont give me a hard time about the donuts, i LOVE peddlers, you guys are the ones who got me hooked on donuts!:)

Camille said...

Hooked on doughnuts--is that like Hooked on Phonics? Oh, yeah, I just crack myself up sometimes. :)