Monday, April 14, 2008

Can't stop gushing

So tonight I spent the evening in an auditorium filled with brainiacs and mine was one of them. Chelsey was inducted into the National Honor Society. Since she was 4, she has been a determined and stubborn little girl. When she wanted something, she got it. She's always been that way. I can honestly say, she is the perfect teenager. I used to be afraid of them, teenagers, and still am a little, but she restores my faith. We keep waiting for the downfall. Braindead. I know she still has a way to go, but how blessed are we to have such a good, honest, hardworking almost 16 year old? She amazes me everyday. She has definitely set the bar really high for her siblings. Wanna know the really great part? As I listened to the names being called, there were all her friends. Not just names I sorta recognized. Her real, hang out with, always there friends. What a wonderful thing for a parent to see. I have always known she has great friends, but smart, hardworking, school caring kids as well. It's truly rewarding. I can't take much credit for this little gal. She was sent to us from above and we get to enjoy her. I know all kids are different and come with their own talents and abilities. I'm sure I dote on her accomplishments more than some of my other kids, their turn will come. They are all super. This is her time to shine and boy does she! Love you Chels.

















4 comments:

Lulu said...

I just love her! I swear we have so many available babysitters in our ward I want to use them all- You have such good kids- all of them. I like having all of you guys over for haircuts. I have had much more chaos with just 2 of someone elses kids as opposed to all of yours! And my kids adore yours. So thanks for being such a great mom! (And friend to me!)

gena said...

What a grest girl! I hope I get so lucky with my teenagers:)

Windi Hesler said...

This is great! Okay. . . so I got the message about me blogging about our life in Germany. I will try to get some info on there ASAP. LOL You will have to be patient with me. For me to write I have to think about what I am going to say for a couple days then it just comes to me. The Hesler Blog was started by my sister-in-law, Lana. The thing is we are the only ones that usually use it. So I guess if I start blogging about what is going on here in Germany they won't mind. Back to your gushing over Chelsey, I think that we are suppose to gush about our children. They need to know how proud we are of them. I find that this gives Kaylin more confidence in herself. I think part of our being parents is to prepare them for using essential life skills that they will need to be successful in the real world. One of those very important skills or essentials is believing in yourself and having the confidence to the point of never giving up.

SherriH said...

Way to go Chels! Gushing is what moms do best. The others all get gushed over as well. What great kids you have raised.