Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yeah D-Backs!

We went to the D-Backs game last night for Stephen's birthday. We took all of our boys and 2 of Stephen's friends. We had a little bit of a late start so we missed the first few innings. Our seats were WAY up high! That's actually a good thing for the littler ones, they think that's the place to be. I told the kids we would get pizza at the game, little did I realize.....$60 later. I guess I underestimated the ridiculousness of food at a ball game. That didn't include anything but pizza! Crappy pizza might I add. We took water bottles and doughnuts for dessert.

The kids were a little restless since it's hard to get into the game being so far away. They really wanted to go back down by the organist so they could get on the big screen while we sang "Take me out to the ball game". We left our seats at the bottom of the 6th and never returned. While we were waiting for the 7th inning stretch, we found lots of other entertaining things to do. Bo had a fabulous time on the slides. They are fairly new so they were really slippery and were spitting kids out like nothing I've ever seen. Bo would pick himself off the ground and grip his little fists and say "That was Awesome!" He had no idea where we were going though we kept trying to explain, but by the end of the night, he kept saying "I don't want to go home". The big boys found a batting cage and spent some time there. Rhett did amazingly well. I was very impressed. They also had a little wiffle ball cage where they actually pitched to you, that's where Dalin spent his time. Bo and Dalin both got sparkly face paintings as well.

When it was time to sing, there were quite a few kids vying for the front spot on the screen, but Stephen and his pals manages to get a little time on. The D-BAcks ended up winning, not that we saw it, but Yeah! anyway. Before we left, they all signed up for the Kids Klub and pledged to be on the No Chew Crew. By so doing, they all left with nifty swipe cards, t-shirts, stickers and a few other little goodies. I think they had a great time. We got home quite late, but they all arose right on time this morning. Way to go boys!













3 comments:

SherriH said...

Nothing like a night at the ballpark!

I think I can have jello cake for you when you come home, you made steak and cake for me, I can do jello cake for you. I use sugar-free jello and fat free cool whip so it isn't quite as bad for the diet. LoL.

Heather said...

What a fun night with the boys. I am telling you I am going to miss Stephen in primary. sniff sniff. I am so glad he had a great birthday. Now we will ship him off to Thayne for a few years. Ü

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

That looks like it was so much fun-what a great b-day idea!!