Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bounce in my step!

Have you ever had a day where you just felt like you were walking a little taller? That was my day! Not even sure why. Morning started out kind of rough. I'm not sure why some mornings my kids forget they have to go to school. Ten minutes till its time to leave and I have one in the shower and 2 with bare feet and unbrushed everything. Hello?!? Why DO kids hate brushing there teeth so much? I say in a nice sweet voice, "go brush your teeth" and then later I say "let me check". THEN it turns to "GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH". Can't figure out why it's such a big deal. Heck, Bo wants to brush his teeth all day long!
Had two at home "sick" today. They probably should have been at school. I went and shopped for the 72 hr emergency kits today. I was SO excited. I thought it was going to cost about $8 per kit but it ended up to be only $6.50. I even put more food in it than last time! I was a little worried about fitting it all in the container but it worked out perfect. I posted the menu if anyone is interested in getting prepared.
I think Bo was dry today. He doesn't tell me anymore. He just goes. I went in to offer help when I saw him run in there and he very maturely told me "I got it!" Alright then. So I let him run around all day with his undies on backward. Time out. Bo wants to go brush his teeth, haha!
Ok, so last night when Whitley was throwing up, she laid in her bed and I guess fell right to sleep. Chelsey got up and turned out the lights. Whitley in a panic says "Chelsey! I think I'm blind! I can't see!" Chelsey assured her that throwing up doesn't make you blind and that she had just turned the lights out. The fun never stops.
Went to the gym this afternoon. While I was gone Whitley fixed dinner and as I was pulling up, so was Glade! He actually made it home to eat with us. Yeah! Cleaned up the kitchen, watched Deal or No Deal, and had a nice hot shower. It was just one of those days where you feel good about all you've done I guess. Chelsey just got home and had a rough day at track. She is a trooper though.
My sweet Mom is really sick. She didn't get out of bed or eat for 24 hours. Been there done that, and it totally sucks. At least she is too sick to worry about the break in attempt. Thank goodness Donna is still there.
I'm 18 pages ahead on my scriptures!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I LOVE the Whitley story. She cracks me up! Here's the link to the blog that teaches you how to add all those fun things to your blog! www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. I love days like that! I see the link in the comments here...maybe I can jazz up my blog after all!
Les.