Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yesterday was quite uneventful. I can't really even remember what I did! Oh Yeah, got up really early so I could take Whitley to the ortho. Her teeth are doing really well. She got her bottom braces on today. She isn't feeling too good. Spent the rest of the day just at home with the babies. Didn't even do anything too exciting. We had games night at our house, so I did a little cleaning. Once the kids got home, I ran in to town to buy a new TV. Our upstairs TV hasn't worked for several months now. I kept saying I was going to get a new one and just never wanted to spend the money. Since we were having games night and expected the kids to stay upstairs, I figured now was the time. Not to mention summer is around the corner. Went and bought a TUBE tv. They call them that now to make you feel like you are buying a dinosaur. I don't buy into that. My kids don't need a flat screen, lcd, HD, blue ray, pcdlme (ok, I made that one up). Anyway, I got the cheap TUBE tv and guess what? It shows the exact same shows! No one's eyes fell out or anything! But anyway, they were very excited to have a tv upstairs again. They all slept in the loft. Funny Funny Kids. Games night was not very exciting. Sorry Friends! We, I, kind of forgot about the game part and it was pretty late before I thought of it. It's always nice to sit and chat, but I missed being silly and playing games. I had to leave at 10 to go get Whitley, so that was a little bump as well. She has the greatest friends. So proud of you Whit. Katy decided she wasn't sleeping as long as there were people over either. So I kept having to go tend to her. Wasn't a very successful night. But Hey, I barely ate any of the munchies, that's something!
This morning, Glade and I got up and went to the gym. First we went to home depot and bought sprinkler stuff and some hibiscus shrubs to put in our front yard. I can't wait to have my yard look so cute! All in due time. Had to take Whitley for a sports physical. What a joke. $50 for a Dr. to poke her and ask her to breathe, just to say she is healthy enough to run around a track. What a stupid world we live in. Wanted to get a pedicure, but didn't have time. Glade and I are going out to try the movie thing again. We'll see if I can stay awake for that.
Chelsey went with her friends to visit a girl who has been in Phx Children's Hospital for 2 weeks. It's supposed to be prom tonight, but she couldn't go so some of the girls dressed up and went up to spend time with her. Did I mention what great kids I have?
My boys spent the afternoon out with dad working on sprinklers. We had irrigation today and this is what happens when you leave a 2 yr old unattended for 2 minutes!


This is just my crazy baby. All my kids smiled with their mouths WIDE open!

2 comments:

Windi Hesler said...

Bo is my kind of kid. I'm 38 and that's exactly where I would've been given the chance. Let's see Arizona, warm weather, irrigation day, and big splashy puddles of
H2O. . . YES! Who needs a slip n slide? Wow! It's amazing how you find out that, even though world's apart and time that has past the similarities that family still have. As I was reading your story about going to see a movie with Glade I was thinking, hmmm. . . that sounds just like Chad and me. Everytiime we rent movies I am super duper tired and asleep about 30 minutes into the movie. Glad to see that my husband isn't the only one that has to go on a date with his wife and feel like he is the only one there. Poor fellows!

Heather said...

I am totally with you on the tv thing. We are going to buy our kids a tube tv again too. Gotta love sales pressure. grrr. We should go out sometime.