Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Bus Driver

My worst nightmare, at least a year ago it would have been. Let me preface. We have had our 15 passenger van for about a year and a half. I swore I would NEVER get one. When I realized I had no other options, I swore it would NOT be white. Well, I have a white one. My pride was deeply injured for the first while. I eventually got over it and now I love it! So on to my story:

I was filling up my tank (which takes awhile) and a kid, maybe 12, with a skateboard came over and asked me if I could take him to a certain intersection. Now, this intersection happened to be exactly a mile down the road. Seriously, on a skateboard, you can't go a mile? Anyway, I happened to be right next to my kids school so I pointed over there and said "I'm just going right there." He looked at me somewhat confused and asked "Aren't you like a bus driver?" I said "No, I just have a lot of children." He continued to stare at me blankly. I said "It's just for my family."
He made a face and walked away.

I knew this would happen someday. I always joked I could make some serious money driving people around during the day. Lucky for me I'm so over it. It certainly gave me a good laugh for the day!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Great story. Words can't describe how funny I think this is. I totally laughed out loud! Laurie, I love you and your bus!

gena said...

Love the bus! We had one when I was in junior high. I loved going on trips cuz I got my own row:)

Heather said...

The fact that I vividly remember you telling my how much you didn't want a van makes this story so funny to me. I can totally picture you trying to explain that you are not a bus driver. Laughing so hard. Classic story.

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

thats funny Laurie, im totally laughing, its funny that kid thought you were a bus driver, I seriously cant stop laughing......