Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tropical Breeze

Last night was super fun! Our ward had an adult softball night. Glade wasn't able to come, he was in Pima with his scouts doing a triathlon, but I went without him and I'm so glad I did. I really miss playing ball. Maybe now that my baby is getting bigger, we'll start doing city ball again. It was fun. I do wish more people would turn out to church activities. Kind of sad how many people come. Anyway, got up and went to the gym at 7:15 this morning and they didn't open till 8. Dang! I went and grabbed a few things from walmart to waste some time then went back. My legs are killing me. My workout has been the same for like 2 weeks now, but for some reason my legs are really sore right now. I would say it was pitching at softball, but it's the wrong leg and I was sore before that anyway. This is the first time since I started working out that I have been sore. I really don't like it much. Talked to my dad today, I miss him. It was fun though, I was telling him about Chelsey and he said that he was a pole vaulter in HS as well! That's exciting.


Today is Stephen's birthday-HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN! We are going to do a little something here this afternoon for him, then Monday we are all going to the D-Backs game for his party. That should be fun. We didn't even go once last year! Stephen even woke up and went and mucked stalls this morning to earn money for scout camp. That's no B-day gift! He is a good boy. (nick went too- they really work hard)


Just about to head out to the mall with my girls to get some stuff for a dance concert. I think I'd rather take a nap, but once again - duty calls! Tonight we're going out with some friends in the ward. We haven't really done much of that since we moved. We still go out with our friends from our last ward. We haven't really wanted to get too attached living here just in case things didn't work out. Now that we have been here for 2 years, it's hard not to really want to put down some roots. Hope we don't regret it. Should be really fun though.


Funny for the day - I had just showered and gotten ready to leave and I put on perfume (which I do everyday - I love smelling good). I walked out to the living room and Stephen says "you smell good, mom" then Dalin chimes in "LIKE A TROPICAL BREEZE!" That kid cracks me up. He is never lacking for something clever or totally "out there" to say.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you weren't disappointed, we had alot of fun with guys. We need to do it agian soon.

Lulu said...

Yeah- sorry I was a party pooper and went home at 10! Good call on the dining choice. And I am glad you are sinking your feet in and I will do my darnest to make sure you don't regret it! Even if it means playing softball once in a while.

SherriH said...

Dalin and Mason have that in common, they are always the one to come up with something completely off the wall. That's what we love about them.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.