Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Quiet Afternoon

Do you hear that? Nope, me either. Two sleeping babies and one very quiet house...aaahhh! Had a great work out this morning. Did you think I meant at the gym? No, I took those two sweet sleeping babies to the MALL. It used to be so easy, you know, when the baby just layed in the stroller and slept and the 2 year old was cute and agreeable. Not so much anymore. Bo doesn't want IN a stroller, he wants to ride ON the stroller. Katy, she will be a skateboarder. She's only happy if she is standing in the stroller. Luckily I had my trusty sidekick to help out. Good Ol' Mom. Even with the two of us, its still tricky. I let them play in the play area for awhile. They had a great time. I took lots of pictures hoping to get that ONE cute picture you can't live without. Didn't happen. Sure glad the film is free!
Went and ate lunch, stayed within my points, that was good. Found some FABULOUS deals at the children's place. Call if you care. I also picked up a really cute bag I have been eyeing at bath and body works for months now. My mom's good friend runs it so he got me a smokin deal. Then I had to brave the book store. Chelsey has to read this book for school that I'm not very happy about. Its quite gruesome. I really want to say something to the teacher. Not sure if that is appropriate or not. Gonna have to check with Chelsey. By that time, Katy had pooped twice and Bo lost a little sticker that he was determined to go find. I was really done by that point. I just kept thinking "breathe and walk fast!" Both were asleep in the car before we left the parking lot.
Funny for the day. Driving in the car, I looked at Bo and told him his face was dirty and we should wash it. He says "well you choked me on the counter!" (as he grabs his throat) What?!? I never did that! I protest. He insisted I had. I assure him I would have never choked him. He says, "like this, (bends way over with his arms out to the side). OOOhhhhhh, I get it now. When I wash his face in the sink, I lean him over kind of hanging by his belly, you know. He hates that and I guess calls that 'choking'. Whew!




3 comments:

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

Hi Laurie, its Jenn Fort, I dont know if you remember me or not, but I came across your blog on Camille Campbell's, I cant beleive how big your kids are, they are all so beautiful!! check us out if you want Haderlieclan.blogspot.com

gena said...

Workouts like that are better than the gym hands down:)

SherriH said...

Just think, it won't be much longer and you will be able to go to the mall while they are ALL at school.

I'm glad Bo clarified how you "choked" him. I was getting a little concerned. Hahaha