Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the lone, lost woman

The last 15 hours have been somewhat eventful. I stayed in my jammies until 3 pm yesterday. Just sorted laundry and played with the babies. It was nice. Got my kids from school, did some spelling and headed to the gym. My scale has not been so nice this week so I decided to bump up my workout a little. Instead of running 4 laps, I ran 6. I was really excited I could do it. (not consecutively of course) On the way home I stopped at Subway and was waiting in line when guess who walked in - my sweetheart! Not even planned and we got to have a quick dinner together.
Got my kids off to mutual, and realized - I'm all alone. Well, 5 kids still at home, but all the little ones. What I really mean is NO BIGGEST LOSER. What am I gonna do now? That was my connection. It felt like my family was gone for hours! I watched a little Idol, but don't really love that. Anyone have another season of Loser I could watch? To make a lonely night worse, Dalin kept saying his tummy hurt and I kept saying "sorry, honey" when all of the sudden, you guessed it, all over the floor. Most of you probably don't know this, but I DON'T do throw up. That's Glade's department, but he wasn't here. Now what? Luckily, I watch Hannah Montana. Recently I watched an episode where she didn't want to smell something so she put vapor rub up her nose. It works! Armed with rubber gloves and some vapor rub I was ready to attack the mess. It gets better, as I'm trying to get all the chunks (sorry), my baby girl comes running to me and slips and falls right in it! I picked her up and screamed at my others to come and get her. "Should we change her?" they ask. Hello?!?!?!?!? She is now screaming because I have freaked her out and sent her away. Meanwhile, Dalin is in watching TV, all is well. I got it cleaned up and tried to get everyone to bed, but Katy wouldn't settle down so she and I sat out in the dark for a while. Just when she falls asleep, in come the mutual kids. Sigh. I give up. Glade is now on baby duty and I am in bed!
This morning wasn't a whole lot better, slow moving children-kids on the computer. NOT! I packed up and headed back to the gym for another good workout. I guess my body had decided that not enough time had passed and it wasn't willing to do it again. My legs were like jello almost immediately. I did run a half mile an hour faster than normal, but I was pretty sure I might fall down. I decided to go a little easier, but I got my strength back and ended up doing 4 miles and 20 extra minutes. Woo hoo! However, right now my whole body is saying "blah". Even picking up my kids is hard. I decided to take tomorrow off and maybe just do dumbells at home and give my legs a rest. Oh yeah, while I was in the locker room, I was walking and trying to untangle my headphones and I ran into a glass door! Embarrassing. Only one person saw me, but sheeesh!
The best news yet - We got our other house rented. That is such a relief! I'm not sure how long the lease is for, but right now I really don't care.
Loser, Loser, wherefore art thou Loser?

4 comments:

SherriH said...

I can just see the whole throw up mess. It's like a bad comedy. I almost laughed out loud here at work. I'm still giggling!!

Sorry to hear about Loser withdrawls. Watch Dancing with the Stars, that's what I watch. I even play the fantasy game on line. Talk about a loser!!

Lulu said...

*laugh* I love it. I am sure it's not even funny to you yet- but the kid sliding in the puke and the mom running into a glas door in public... better you than me!

Leslie said...

I knew Hannah Montana was good for something. :) And I wish I'd been at the gym with you. For two reasons: It would be fun to chat while we work out and I would've loved to see you run into the door. <3 love ya.
Les.

Camille said...

Remind me to tell you about my embarrassing moment at the gym--just think "digger" and step class. lol