Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yes I can!

So I know I just posted last night, but I made more giant steps! It was bugging me last night that I didn't go to the gym. After I took Whitley to volleyball, I thought maybe now I'll go, but it was just enough too late. Grrr I thought. Then it hit me! People actually exercise OUTSIDE. I could do that. I put my sneakers on and did two miles of walk/run up and down my dirt road. I'm sure I wasn't as fast as on the treadmill, it doesn't let you slow down, but I still did it! I also did dumbbells watching the price is right yesterday, waiting for the dish network guy to show up. Hurting from that one today. Today I went to Costco and we ALWAYS eat pizza there, but now there is a new Taco Bell right there. I went in knowing what I was gonna order to stay in my points, buuuttttt, I didn't stick to it. However, it still turned out really good. I left there totally stuffed and I didn't even finish what I ordered. Normally I would have eaten that plus a taco and maybe someone else's leftovers. (Hence the need to lose weight) I was really proud of myself for being strong and have gotten to a point where I would feel really full just eating that. It may sound like I am totally patting myself on the back here, I AM! Losing weight has always been something really hard for me. I could never get myself where I needed to be mentally and now I'm starting to really get it. I love it.





Today Glade ran a whole mile without stopping, Yeah for Glade! He is doing a triathlon this weekend. He wants me to do it as well, but I said "Nuh uh!" Even if physically I could totally do it, see, I have this hair. Swimming then biking, I don't think so. Anyway, if I can lose 4 more lbs, I will be at 10%. Don't even try to do the math there, it's a number my spouse doesn't even know. Embarrassing.




My cute picture for today is Katy. She likes to hang around while I get ready. She fished around in my makeup drawer (which is higher than her eye level) until she found the blush that went with the brush. She knew!!








This one is just for fun, What Whitley does when she gets ready for school to early.

Hip Hop Hooray!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I love love love exercising outdoors!!! Its starting to warm up and my days are limited, but I have to say I am impressed at your success! Keep going girl! And Go Glade! That is awesome.

SherriH said...

I am so proud (and jealous) of you. Way to go!! I have lost a total of about 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Not real good but hey it's soemthing. I figure I must not be disgusted with myself enough yet. I'm just not eating as much as I did. It's starting to get nice enough that I have started to walk some. Once it gets nice enough I will be walking after work. I used to get up at 430 and walk in the mornin before I'd get everyone up and ready. Really need to get back to that.
Katy is soooooooo cute!!