Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday, crazy Monday

Slow start to our week. One of those "move, move!" mornings. Had a great workout at the gym. The scale was looking really good on Friday, not so much today. I hate the weekends. 3 lbs this week, that's the goal. I worked extra hard today and even ate good. Came home from the gym, aahhh, nice hot shower. Shaved legs, clean hair, oh wait...NO CONDITIONER! Anyone who knows me knows I can not NOT have conditioner. I shook and banged and shook some more. I could hear it in there. I squeezed out every last slimy drop. Not enough. (sigh) Thank goodness for children's leave in conditioner. Did some laundry, played puzzles with Bo, had a nice little nap and resumed the craziness.
Took Brooklyn to tumbling, thought "I'll just run to walmart and pick up some conditioner and a few other things, I have an hour" Ha! Couldn't find a fly swatter. No one there knows where they keep them. I went from one end of the store to the other and then, there they were. Bottom shelf of the insecticides, makes sense. Now I was really pushing time and was counting on a quick check out. Ha! I decided to check my self out. The lady in front of me just had to pay, great! Now if only she could figure out how to use the debit machine! Grrrr. I was really late now. I ran, literally, with my cart down to the bank. Just a deposit please. Oh sorry, your money market was closed out. What?!?!? I guess on Saturday, the lady at the bank had a conversation with herself and decided that's what I wanted to do. "It'll just take a second to reopen it" Ha! So I zoomed, oh wait, it's 5:30, I drove really slowly back to tumbling where I was now 20 min late. Did I mention that Chelsey had called 40 min ago saying she was ready to be picked up? Went and got Chelsey and her 3 friends, delivered them to their homes and now it is 6:05. Did I mention that my entire family was coming over at 6? Luckily I let things go quite easily and decided they could just show up to my not clean house and enjoy my not ready dinner. Isn't that what family is for?
The night went really well. We grilled out and put together 72 hour kits. I hope my kids grow up with memories of being prepared and it becomes a natural part of them. Looking forward to a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am so tired from just reading this. And I hear you on the conditioner thing, only my girls steal mine from my shower and I don't even have a bottle to scrape the sides of.

gena said...

I didn't realize you had a blog-sooo cute! I guess I know what I have to look forward to as the kids get older and more involved going different directions:)

Lulu said...

Heather removed the words from my mouth. You needed a bubble bath and massage after that day. But with a household full of children, I am sure most days are full! SO, hire a masseur!