Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blah Weekend

After the scorpion thing on Friday, we went to dinner with Glade's sister and her husband. We don't see them a lot so it was nice to get to spend some time with them. We went to Olive Garden and while waiting, bumped into a couple from Glade's youth. They were alone so they joined our table for the evening. We were seated around 7 and left when the restaurant closed at 11. People are always curious why we just go to dinner on our dates. We like to talk! It was great to hear about their family and discuss life with people who are different and not really a part of your own. Got home much later than I wanted. Going on very little sleep these days. I'm not so good at that.

Saturday morning, we slept in - like 7ish. Glade wanted to run a long distance so he decided to run to our old house so we could get the yard done. I stayed and waited for the bug guy to get here. While we were waiting, we cleaned like crazy trying to make sure all baseboards were visible. The kids rooms looked amazing. He finally came and starting spraying. Bo kept asking who he was and why he was here. The kids would say "he's the bug guy". Bo was sitting in the living room a little while later and says in a very exasperated tone "I can't believe I'm not the bug guy!" See, my mom dubbed him the bug man, because while she was here, he always wanted to pick up the dead bugs. (not with his hands, obviously) If there was a dead bug somewhere, he would raise his hands and yell "the bug man is in the house!" Now he was so disappointed that there was another bug guy. I assured him he was still OUR bug guy. Funny kid.

After he sprayed, the boys and I left to go meet Glade and do yard work. The people were still moving out so we weren't able to do any. We went to Glade's work so he could get some stuff done. I went to the bank and got a few things we were out of. (still sticking to my budget) I had worn running clothes with full intent of going to the gym, but couldn't get myself there. Came home, had a much needed nap and then up getting ready for our dinner date. My friend from California was back in town and wanted to get together. I still think it's weird he likes us, but whatever. This time he was bringing a girl. We went to Waldo's as we always do and it was very enjoyable. His new friend was super nice and very pleasant. Got ice cream on the way home and then went straight to bed. Chelsey had been at graduation all day and then to a few parties that evening. I was worried about her safety, driving around on this night isn't all that safe. Too many drunk drivers. She was also farther away than she usually goes so I expected her to be home late, not having much idea of driving times. Nope, she came in at 11:30. I love that girl!

Today has been a really good Sunday so far. Church was really good, enjoyed all three meetings without much distraction. No Sunday dinner tonight, so it's a PJ's day from here on out. Sometimes I really like that. Now, if I get a good nap, all will be perfect! I shouldn't say that out loud. I think I gained 2 lbs in the last few days. Hopefully I will be caught up on sleep and out of my slump so I can get back at it this week.

No comments: