Thursday, May 21, 2009

Loving the Weather

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful! I love the rain, the clouds, the wind....heaven!! I decided to go to the outdoor mall since it's probably the last day with weather that would allow outside activity. It really was nice to be outside, but it drizzled the whole time. Not good for my hair. It was still nice to be out of the house and spend time with mom. I was hoping to find some super bargains, but not so much. Just a couple of $8 jeans for my girls. We had lunch and then it was time for mom to get back to work and us to head home for naps. As we were walking to the car, Bo was complaining that his tummy hurt. I assured him it was because he drank so much soda. We got in the car and he burped and said his tummy felt better. We weren't even out of the mall parking lot when he started moaning and holding his tummy. I knew what was coming. I dumped the jeans out on to the floor and shoved the empty bag on to his lap just as he puked. I didn't catch all of it, but most. When he was done, he looked at the bag, grabbed the edge and dumped it all onto his lap and the seat of the van. What?!?!? I was trying not to yell at him, but everything he did, just spread the throw up. We pulled over and I used diapers to clean up what I could. We stripped him down, rebuckled him and headed home.

Once home, he headed for the shower (2nd one today). He was so excited because this was the first time he had showered ALL by himself. So proud. We took naps and he was fine thereafter. As soon as I picked the kids up, I headed out to get my nails done. Nothing better than fresh nails. Had an hour before I needed to leave for the temple so I got Nick signed up for homeschool. Yikes! I'm doing it, just doing it.

Went to the temple with the Moorely's and met Glade. We did sealings and it was great because I was able to do both sets of Great Grandparents. After the temple, we went to Nielson's for ice cream and didn't leave there until 11:20 or so. Crazy. We didn't get home till about 12:30 am. Not good on a school day! This girl needs more sleep than that. It was also not good that I came home to a trashed house. My kids know better than that. I wasn't so happy. This morning I made them get up and get it done.

Today is the last day of school. I had to make a quick trip to the gym so I could get home to watch my friend's boys. It was not a great day on the treadmill. I felt like the gym was so hot and then I was tired and had a headache, which I never get. My allergies are kicking my butt so my nose is just dripping constantly. Very disgusting. But, I got it done and got home in time. It's about time to go pick up the kids for the LAST time this school year. I'm taking them to McDonald's for lunch, then heading home to catch up on my sleep! Let the good times begin!!

6 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

Oh the joys of kids throwing up in the car. I think Nick and you will do great with home schooling. We still have one more week of school!

Diana said...

There is nothing worse, I repeat nothing worse than the smell of throw up in the car. I know how it is! Good luck on the clean up.

Tammy said...

Nice catch with the bag and the throw up! To bad he had to have some fun with it. Yuck! That is just so gross! I'm glad you got a little break to the temple. That's always nice.

Unknown said...

You have good reflexes to catch the throw up. Luckily you were on your way home and not on your way out of town on vacation and already two hours from home with a loaded car pulling a trailer. Good times.

Leslie said...

Happy Summer! :)

Heather said...

i am so sorry about the throw up thing, i can't think of anything worse. Ok I can but it is a small list.