Friday, May 22, 2009

Who stopped the clock??

The last 24 hours has seemed like eternity! Just as a reminder, I didn't sleep much the night before, so I was really tired yesterday. Some just don't understand that SOME people need sleep! I picked up the kids from their last day of school and headed to McDonalds. Way crowded so we decided to go to a park. Not thinking....I still got McDonalds food...ewww! Anyway, the weather was gorgeous and the kids enjoyed hanging out at the park so whatever. I ate too much...fries at McDonalds are my favorite and I ate too many of them. I have tried to not eat fries at all, anywhere. I have, but rarely. Today I paid for it. I felt sick the entire rest of the day. I assumed everyone felt like I did so I decided to skip dinner. I guess they were fine and by 6:30 they were all wondering why we hadn't eaten yet. Guess it's FFY today! I didn't get much of a nap because now everyone is home from school and all their friends think they need to call each other. By about 7:30 I was a zombie and just wanted to go to bed. Finally about 10 I did go to bed and for some reason had a hard time falling asleep. I'm pretty sure it was 11 when I finally did.

As I was drifting off, I felt a tickle on my arm. It was the tickle you can't mistake for anything else. Something was crawling on me. I swatted it, jumped out of bed like lightening and flipped on the light. There in my bed was a roach. *moment of silence for swallowing hard* I tried to go back to sleep, but even getting in the bed was a true mind over matter for me. I layed there till 2am telling myself it was no big deal, but I just wanted to disinfect everything. Then, of course, my kids were up bright and early at 6 am as usual. I was able to stay in bed till about 8, but only with several children in and out of my room.

I finally got up and around and went for a bike ride. I rode for almost an hour, 13.5 miles. The thing about biking is that it doesn't really feel like a work out. My legs get a little tired, but I'm never out of breath and I don't really feel like I sweat. I do, it just doesn't feel like it with the wind blowing on me. I think I could go for a really long time if only my BUTT didn't hurt so bad. Glade says that goes away, but holy cow.

The kids have been bugging me all day for extra computer time. It made me so irritated, I said there was no more computer today. Instead, I put them to work out in the yard. Why not?? It dawned on me. I've been racking my brain with ways to keep them entertained. How about a few projects get done? Nothing says they have to have some fun filled, party hardy everyday summer vacation. They have a lot of hours to fill every day. We are going to work a little this summer. It went really well today. They worked outside, I made them pizza for lunch and then every one was ready for some R&R, aka quiet time. Yesterday I sat down and did a menu for 5 weeks with not one repeat on it. Today I made out a detailed grocery list so I won't be going all the time and now I just need a projects list. Next week the summer movies start and the week after that, the pool's summer hours take effect. I think we might just be all right!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ah yes...I need to redo our menu and grocery lists. THanks for the reminder. 13.5 miles seems like a lot to me!

Krista Darrach said...

ahhh I'm marveling.
You're so awesome...I couldn't do it.
Nope sure couldn't.
Thank goodness for the Laurie Smith's in the world.
:-)

Camille said...

You're awesome--13.5 miles!! Wow! Plus, I think I need to see your menu.