Friday, May 29, 2009

Library Day

Yesterday the kids wanted to go to the library so we went. Before we left, I sat them all down and explained appropriate behavior to them. I told them of all the fun things I would like to do with them if only they weren't rotten when we went places. While at the library they were mostly good and everyone found two books. It's kind of hard to look at so many books and just choose one. I hate picking a book at random. How do you know if it's going to be any good? Then again, if you only re-read books, you never find anything new. We made it through and I left not feeling frustrated... Yeah! They had decided today would be their lunch day as well.

We headed to Chick Fil A, where I convinced them to all get kids meals. If you turn in the toy/book, you can get ice cream instead. This made it cheaper and they got ice cream. On the way there, I remembered that my back tire was really low and there happened to be a Discount Tire a few buildings away. I decided to drop the van off and we would walk over for lunch. The kids couldn't believe I was going to make them walk. It was maybe a quarter mile. I love that that isn't even a thought to me anymore. We had lunch, they were still good, we waited the hour and headed back to pick up the van. When I got there, they informed me that the tread was too low so they couldn't fix it. They just put my spare on and sent me on my way. Very frustrating. The ride home was silent as everyone dove into their new books...beautiful. The rest of the day went fine, much better than the last few.

I had Bunko so I needed to make a dish to share. I was planning on taking Tuna Casserole which is what I made for my family. Late in the afternoon I got a call to take dinner to a family so I used the extra casserole for that. Now what to take to Bunko?? I had already decided to not take the gift I had gotten because if I lost it, it would ruin my night. OK, I'm a little hormonal and maybe just a bit crazy, but so be it. I decided to stop at Subway and take subs to Bunko, while there I decided to pick up a gift card as my gift. A much better scenario! It turns out 2 other girls had similar ideas and brought subs as well. Woops. I got to pick 3rd for prizes and I still came home with my gift card. Why am I so weird? At least I was happy! I ate way to much and felt horrible driving home. Brownies are such a weakness. Luckily I had done 6 miles on the treadmill that morning to try and make up for the crap I was going to eat! That leads me to my final query of the day...

How is it that someone can smoke a cigarette and then go work out at the gym? Isn't that a complete contradiction?? Beyond me......

Lastly....yesterday was my Gramma B's birthday. She is 81!! I love her dearly and miss her like crazy. She has the most beautiful eyes in the world and is as kooky as a hoot owl ( I mean that in a good way). She is everything one could imagine good about a grandma!! Happy Birthday!

No comments: