Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Monday holidays seem to stress me out. Our business barely takes off for holidays like Christmas, much less a day like Memorial Day. So while most families are swimming and BBQing, we usually do not. If we do, it's without Glade. I feel like we have to do something. So, in a determination to not have it be a normal day, I planned a big BBQ for my family. I was hoping the pool was open so we could go swimming and it was. Yeah!! We went to the pool in the afternoon and saw a couple of families who were in the same situation we were. I invited them to bring their BBQ to our house and we would do it all together. Actually, one family had just had a baby and were without mom, so they needed a good meal! Even my mom showed up.

The kids had a great time and there was way too much food. Of course, I ate way too much because there was so much to have...grrr. I made a jello cake and it turned out awful. You can't rush jello! I made it too late and didn't give it time to set. So basically it was just soggy cake. Kids didn't seem to mind! While eating dinner, we remembered it was Monday night so the girls retired to my room to watch the Bachelorette. Good times!

It turned out to be a really nice day even if not totally traditional. We are blessed to have great friends and family! Not to mention, a country to live and be safe in.

2 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

The food was so good! I really enjoyed watching the Bachelorette with the girls, Jake will sometimes watch with me but make fun of it the whole time, not as fun!

Tammy said...

Thanks for taking such good care of all my boys while I was away. They had a great time at your house and I'm always happy to know that they ate well. Thank you!