Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday....

Sunday was a very weepy one. Sometimes testimony meeting is ho hum, but others, it's amazing! That would be yesterday. A special needs boy bore his testimony in such a mature and honest way, it would only be possible that he spoke directly through the spirit. Then a beautiful young woman, Whitley, was next and of course, she made me cry. It was just one after another. I got a short break in Sunday school, and then Stacy talking about all the family challenges she has had and the blessings of the temple got me again in Relief Society. Wow.

After church we mostly hung out, took naps and prepared for Sunday dinner. I love hanging out with family and it's always an enjoyable time. Next week is Mother's Day so ViEtta is making dinner for everyone. My kids love when we get to go the the Smith's for dinner. It's nice to go somewhere else every once in a while.

Today started way to lazy. I just couldn't get myself going. I decided to do laundry and hang out all morning, but then I remembered some errands that really needed to be done so I put the kids in the tub and got myself around. We had a nice morning out and got home just in time for naps, my favorite part of the day! I got up before the little ones so I could start reading my lesson for next week. I get to teach Relief Society. I'm a little nervous. That is not exactly my forte. After school I had to take the boys to get their eye exams so they could get new glasses. That went mostly well. We returned home just in time to start dinner. What?? Whitley had already made dinner. Now, Brooklyn had deceptively told her that I said she had to, but she still did it and it was really nice! We got cleaned up and gathered for FHE.

The theme for the evening was "become as a little child". We talked about what the scriptures mean by that and then spent the rest of the night playing games. You are never too old to laugh till you cry. We played a guessing game, spoons and then finished with a doughnut eating contest. I got powdered doughnuts for a treat. They had to eat three and whistle. We about lost Dalin, but we revived him and got him some milk and now he's just fine. (dramatization)

Katy has been in undies the better part of two days and is doing really well so far. Yesterday she even went to church and slept in them. Today not quite so good, but she wants to and that's half the battle.

I wanted to go to yoga tonight, but just am not feeling it. I had a busy day and ate too much crap. Tomorrow I will run and start anew. Good thing there always a tomorrow!

5 comments:

Heather said...

yes...great testimony meeting.

what? you bought donuts?

ya for Katy wearing panties. you gotta love that.

and I didn't make it to yoga either, to much on my plate. Maybe in a few weeks.

Tammy said...

Your FHE's always sound so fun! I also thought testimony meeting was fantastic!

Leslie said...

Your last potty trainer...yippee!

Unknown said...

Hey, so can I leave Derrick with you for a few days? Maybe you could work some potty training magic on him? Just kidding - unless you're willing. No really, he's just not completely ready for it yet.

Jake and Jenny said...

I am glad Dalin survived the donut whistling! Yeah for Katy in undies for two days, gotta love the do it myself attitude!