Monday, June 1, 2009

why are people stupid?

Do you ever wonder why the whole world just can't be like yourself?? I know, I know, that sounds conceited, but really.. then everything would be exactly like I want it. Today I had to drive a half hour to take in some papers to prove to the city that I'm not living in our old house and that the renters are out. I guess they have a rather big past due bill. They want proof that they are not living there anymore before they will put the water in my name. Fine, whatever. I drive all the way in there and when I walk in, they announce that their system is down and they can't help me. I talk to the girl at the window anyway and tell her what I needed to do. Sorry, can't help you. She did give me the option to wait for an undetermined amount of time to see if they started working again. Since all I needed to do is bring the proof, I asked if she could just make a photocopy of the lease agreement and my driver's licence. Then when her system was up, we could do the rest over the phone. "Oh no!" she says. "I can't access the account". There is no account, I don't have one yet!! She refuses in her very giddy way. She exuded "I don't have to work right now!" I was so mad. So, in my very "fine!" way, they can continue to charge the renters for the water, which is a bill they will never collect on. I hate stupid people!!

6 comments:

Camille said...

In the mood that I'm in today--I would have been all about "Can I talk to your supervisor please?" and I wouldn't have been afraid to resort to "Can I talk to the manager please?" Sorry about your day. It sounds very frustrating.

Krista Darrach said...

Very frustrating.
Like when I go out to eat - and ask for something "different" then the menu they look at me in panic. I had one guy who stared at his register forever...then finally looked up at me and said, "I don't have a button for that."
It's like they get a job and leave their brain at home, like they can't think for themselves.
It's times like that where I point out these kinds of things to my kids - heaven forbid they end up being as braindead as some of the people I come across. ugh!
I hate stupid people too...but I'm more understanding then Jim... he REALLY hates stupid people.

Krista Darrach said...

Love your new background and the fabulous picture!

Lulu said...

I really should have gone along for the ride into town with you since I have to deal with the MVD saying I still own that mobile that used to be on my property! I hear ya sista!

Heather said...

so not fun, and such a waste of gas.

Unknown said...

I swear, some people just enjoy making life difficult for other people. And it always seems as though I've driven across town and waiting in a long line to find them.