Friday, May 8, 2009

The Storm before the Calm

I know it really goes the other way, but that's not what I'm experiencing. The five days on my cruise better go as slow as these last few have! Today started out so great. A trip to the temple with no obstacles. In and out of the doctors before my scheduled time. A nice visit with mom for awhile. A descent nap. Sounds great so far!

The boys were supposed to leave for Fathers/Sons campout. They thought they would leave around 2, but stuff happened and Glade didn't know when they were going to leave. I had plans with a friend and her girls for the evening. I had to trash those so I could drive the boys into Glade's work to save them an hour and a half. Wasn't real thrilled about that, but wanted my boys to get to camp so I did it anyway. Instead of going out, the other girls just came to our house and we had pizza. Chelsey and Whitley left to go see a movie so no time together there. The time at home was fine and probably good considering I was a little stressed and frustrated at this point. We took the girls to McDonalds for ice cream and to pick up my prescription. That's where the real fun begins.

I dropped off my RX at 5 pm. Came back at 8 to pick it up and they tell me they don't have it. Excuse me?? Yah, she says, we don't have any, sorry. No phone call or anything. She tells me they can get it by Monday. Monday?? Who has a prescription they can wait 4 days for? Not to mention that whole leaving out of town thing. She said she would call some other Walgreens to see if they had any. Nope, not a one. She was sooooo not any help. I was really not happy at this point. Do I need to go on about how they didn't even bother to call me at 5 when I maybe could have done something about it???? Now it's 8 and I have a van full of kids. I took it to CVS (where it's not covered by insurance) and they have it, but not the generic. $50 vs. free with ins. I'm desperate so, whatever. She tells me it will be 20 min. But....it's right there in your hand! Nope, gotta wait 20 minutes. I took everyone else home and got Brooklyn and Katy settled. I don't normally leave Brooklyn home alone or in charge of Katy, but I have and I decided to now. It's late, Katy was almost asleep in the van and I'm only going to be gone less than a half hour. I locked them in, told her not to answer the door or phone and left. When I got to CVS, she hadn't even started on mine yet...grrrr. But I got it and was headed home. Finally, stupid day over. I walked in the house to find Brooklyn asleep on the couch and Katy sitting next to her, wide awake, watching TV. Nice. I guess I didn't mention that she need to stay awake!

I guess the storm will make the calm nicer. If it was calm before the calm, the calm wouldn't feel so refreshing. One more day!

No comments: