Monday, May 25, 2009

whitley's photo shoot

So I would love it if photography was a natural gift of mine, but it's not. I would like to be better at it, so I decided I would practice on my children. I really should read that thousand page "how to" book that came with my camera, but that would take a long time! Anyway, today was Whitley. She was willing to get herself dolled up and let me take some shots of her. I think we took just over a hundred actually. We did it right in the middle of the day when the lighting is the worst, but we tried. These are my favorites.

This is actually before we started. Chelsey was tickling Whitley. They were cute together.

Of course, Katy wanted in on the action. She had just finished lunch and had ketchup all over her face. Nice!

Bo too, nice ketchup face and no pants on. Hey, we like to be comfortable!


This was probably my favorite, she is so gorgeous!




I told her this should be the cover art for her debut country cd! Watch out Taylor Swift...





Ok, so those are my first attempts. I'm sure you will be seeing the rest of my brood all here in due time. If you have any subjects you would like me to practice on....I will!

6 comments:

Lulu said...

You would think your chances of having at least one kid who was an ugly duckling was likely since you have 9 kids, but no- you got blessed with all beauties! Great shots.

Krista Darrach said...

What'cha feedin them kids? They're growing like weeds!!!
Holy Cow...
She's beautiful, those eyes are really something else.
Are you going to start charging for photographs now? Good job!

Tairi said...

Good job Laurie! Look at Whitley all grown up and beautiful. I stink at taking pictures, I probably need a good camera. You can take pics of my little rugrats any time!

Heather said...

you did great. She is such a beauty and the pics turned out wonderful. Yes to the country cover page.

Jake and Jenny said...

I dont know what you are thinking! You are a super talented photographer! You always get the best shots! Whitley is beautiful on the inside and out!

Leslie said...

Whitley, you are gorgeous! Good job, Momma.