Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm going!!

It's official and booked! We leave on Sunday for a 5 day cruise to basically nowhere. Actually we go to Catalina Island and 2 days at sea. Who the heck cares where we go, we're on a ship!! When I booked it, the agent told me we were traveling for free. I'm not sure what she considers free, but she said the costs were all port fees and taxes, the actual cruise was free! That could make me feel better, but I still shelled out $292.20. That's not exactly free. It is, however, a great deal for two people on a 5 day cruise! I can't even tell you how excited I am!! Are all the exclamation marks getting my point across? Thanks to my very bestest mom for being willing to come stay with my kids and all my great friends who are taking my little ones and carpoolers who are taking extra trips and kids who help out so much when I'm gone and especially to my husband who goes along with all my wacky ideas...I love you all! Sounds like I just won a grammy, huh? I would say bon voyage, but I still have 2 days to go and lots to get ready. Till then..

6 comments:

Krista Darrach said...

Sounds like the carnival cruise we took. Catalina and then to Ensenada...we had a great time. We snorkled in Catalina, that was so much fun. (of course Cabo was better - but hey it's all good!)
Have a great time.. the boat is fun, lots to do. Hopefully you don't get motion sickness... if you do... just put the patch on. You'll be surprised at how much the boat moves...(more than I thought).
You'll have a great time.
What am I going to do without your posts to read for a whole week? LOL
j/k
PS: disembarking isn't fun...so take a good book to read while you wait, and wait, and wait to get off the boat...(and you'll have to fork out some money for the gratuities on the last day)
Call me if you want more details on the cruise (but you probably know others who have told you all this stuff).
Have fun....
Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures...I'm really happy for you!
~Krista

Tammy said...

I am so excited for you, OK and very jealous!!! I love cruises! We cruised to Catalina on our honeymoon. I must agree, you do have the bestest Mom for being willing to stay with your kids on such short notice. That's awesome! The kind of Grandma I want to be some day. What a great opportunity for you guys. Have fun. You deserve it! Can't wait to see pictures and hear of your adventures!

Kathy said...

Have a great time Laurie. I wish we could join you on this one, especially since we went on seperate cruises last time...one of these days we'll take one together. :-)

Heather said...

I did that cruise with my HS chior class, we had a blast. You will have so much fun. Tell your kids to call me if they need anything. Can't wait to see pics when you get back.

Unknown said...

That sounds like the same cruise Chris and I went on for our honeymoon. So much fun!!! Enjoy yourselves!!!!

tomena said...

Hey Laurie!!!

I lost your email and so I googled your names and found your blog. I don't have a blog yet... one of the many things I have on my to do list. We did get Olivia. It was permanent on Feb. 24th and the Adoption will be final on Aug. 24th and than she can be sealed to us.
I loved skimming through your pics. Your family is so gorgeous. I have some pics of mine on face book or I could email you.
I need some "Mom of a large family with small children support". I need some words of wisdom to pull me through. I actually got asked to speak on Mother's Day and I think Satan knows it >.<

Congrats on your cruise!!! my emial is tomena@allpinetitle.com