Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No pain, No gain....

So I keep telling myself. Yesterday I must have lost my brain for awhile. I started the day with 6.5 miles at the gym. I ran the first 3 without stopping, which I have done before, but not very often. Felt good. I was thinking back to when I ran the turkey trot and how I thought I might die. How, the rest of the day it was awkward to walk. It's not like that anymore. It's still a long run and I want to quit, but just not as hard and I'm fine after.

I didn't eat as well as I would have liked, so after crazy Tuesday was done, I went in to watch the Biggest Loser and decided to do weights and stuff while I watched. I went for an hour and a half straight. I kept thinking.."I can do more!" I did a lot of lifting, scrunching, squatting...it was fun. However...I couldn't sleep last night. My biceps stung and my butt was already feeling it. This is really not good because typically I can't tell if I'm sore till almost a full day later. I was already feeling it and it had only been hours. I'm dreading this evening.

Today is my rest day, so I just stayed home and cleaned. My house has had a really funky smell lately and I can't track it down. Drives me crazy. So I cleaned the kitchen, including mopping and completely cleaned my front living room. Now that all the yard sale stuff is gone, I can get it back to feeling like a room. I washed pillow covers, dusted, vacuumed, scrubbed all the armrests and febreeze-ed anything I could. I'm hoping the smell is just my dog and the fact that everything is closed up now that the air is on. You never know what could be hiding here or there though, creating a nasty smell. Now I just have to tackle the laundry. It's mostly clean, but still in baskets. I hate laundry. Only two weeks till schools out! I will be so happy, for awhile, to not have homework and schedules and papers to sign and end of the year programs. Hopefully we will camp a lot this summer. Between that, the summer movies and trips to the pool, it should go pretty smoothly. *crossing fingers*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling - school being out - not the work out feeling. I'm looking forward to school being out too. But I also know that when it starts again, I'll be looking forward to that too. :-)

Jake and Jenny said...

I have mixed feelings about school being out. We will have to meet at the pool often!

Tammy said...

So can you move tonight? Nice job on getting all that work done. Amazing! I too can't wait for school to be out. It's funny because I am counting down the days right there along with the boys.