Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blessings of Patience

I guess I was blessed for not actually harming anyone these last few days. Last night for our "date night", I went to the mall looking for some shorts. Haven't had much luck finding any that fit my size, price or style. I scored at Old Navy. I had to fudge on my price a little, but not much. I was also excited cuz I bought a size smaller than all the other pants I have. Nice!! After checking every store I thought possible and even some I didn't, I came home with only the one pair, but I was happy. Glade and I met for dinner, then I went and got groceries and he went to the book store. Romantic, eh? I had to pick Whitley up from a party and when I walked in, they apologized to me for traumatizing my daughter. I guess they watched Disney's Watcher in the Woods. She was in tears several times. They get it from me. I don't do scary!!

This morning we got up early to prepare for Stephen's birthday party. Yes, it was his birthday over a month ago, but we are just now getting around to the party part. He invited 3 friends to go watch Night at the Museum 2. They came for doughnuts and fruit, then we went to the movie. I let any of the rest of my kids, who had money, come with too. All came but Brooklyn. She is so broke. I told her that is the consequence for doing so poorly in school this year. Everyone else had earned money for their grades. I ended up taking 10 kids to the movies. They all behaved really well and the movie wasn't half bad either. After the movie, I talked them into stopping at Old Navy with me. We went for the $1 flip flops, but they were sold out. We ended up getting our 4th of July shirts while we were there. 10 kids in Old Navy and it went fabulously!! Came home, had a little nap, got around and headed to Costco. On the way home, we decided to go borrow a Brian Regan DVD from some friends.

I told the kids if they were showered with Sunday clothes ready, we would have dinner and watch it. I decided to make something I never made before. Don't laugh, you know we don't vary from the usuals very often. I had found this chunk of Pepper Jack Cheese at Costco and I was excited to use it. I love Pepper Jack. I made chicken fajitas, spices and all! I didn't make a whole lot cuz I knew they were all gonna cry cuz it was spicy and different. Nope, they loved it and wanted more. Go figure. We cleaned up and watched the DVD. It's not his funniest stuff, but funny nonetheless. Now they are headed to bed and ready for Sunday. A great day all the way around.

Crazy Glade got up really early and rode 112 miles on his bike with Jake. We'll see if he can walk tomorrow. I was bloghopping, something I never do, and came across a woman's blog who made me cry. No, it wasn't the NieNie one. This girl was hilarious. I could here my own voice telling the story of her dumb horrible day. All the things she talked about had happened to me one time or another. Her reaction to them was exactly as I would have reacted. I'm sure a tear fell down my cheek from the laughter. I love to find that other people live just like I do. My insanity is just plain normal!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I am impressed with your will power to leave a kid home because they don't have money to go. I would cave. Especially with a face like Brooklyn's!

Leslie said...

I am laughing at fajitas being different. I'm glad they liked it though!

So what was this hilarious blog?