Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A better day

Today started not so good by first, hearing Katy scream as she pulled her tall dresser over on top of her. No one saw it, so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it only fell on her legs. She has a nice bruise across the top of her thighs. She was kinda grouchy for a while after that. Imagine that! My kids are making me crazy and I found myself having a little anxiety while driving them to school. Where do their brains go??

After I dropped them off, I headed to the gym. Even after I checked the little ones into the kids club, I was dreading running. For some reason, I just did not want to do it. I kept thinking "what else can I do?" Nothing else really appeals to me or burns the calories like running does. Maybe I would just walk. Walking actually burns the same amount of calories, just takes longer. I got on and started walking. After a minute and a half, I started running and ran the whole 3 miles. Not bad for a day of really not wanting to run! I think my brain is finally starting to catch up with my body. When thinking I should quit and walk for awhile, I analyze myself. Legs, fine...breathing, fine...why quit? So I didn't. After doing the 5K, I rode the bike for 20 minutes. That was a little challenging because my butt is still sore from riding on Saturday and my legs were tired from running. At about 10 minutes I thought maybe I would be done, but decided to go on to 15. When I hit 15 I told myself not to be such a baby and made it to 20. So for really not wanting to be there, I did pretty well! I'm totally sore from doing weights yesterday. I guess that's a good thing.

Crazy Tuesday wasn't too bad and I finally drove the car since the scorpion incident. We never found it, but I figured I can't never drive it again. Let me tell you, my eyes were pealed the whole time! I just want to know if it's dead or not. Very creepy. I'm going to get it washed tomorrow and make sure they vacuum it really well. Then I guess we just hope for the best. Tomorrow is my last day of freedom. I hope I'm up for summer. I think my biggest regret about summer is that I lose my babies. They turn into mini big kids. They steal their innocence and teach them things that aren't exactly cute for a toddler. Right now, I can undo anything they do in the few hours they are around. Once summer hits, it's all day, every day. I will say I am putting my foot down with Spongebob this summer. It's Elmo and Dora for us!

5 comments:

Krista Darrach said...

I don't know how you do it. You're a marvel. Good luck with Summer. It will go by fast...seems to get faster and faster.
I'm trying to get Damian situated to start ASU next semester.
Good luck!
~Krista

Heather said...

workout Mama! You are doing so good sticking to the work out thing I am always impressed.

I think our area is going crazy with the scorpion thing this year, not sure why but it has been alot worse than normal.

Unknown said...

Good for you!! I let any of my kids watch Spongebob. I find it insulting to my intelligence and too disrespectful for my taste. Way to go with the workout too! You inspire me.

Leslie said...

We gotta talk about summer. I'm freaking out! Oh and I'd take Spongebob over the live Disney shows (Suite Life of ...etc. YUK!)

Anonymous said...

Laurie and Leslie, you should get your kids together and let them make their own show! I would pay to watch it! Dacia