Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Real Day of Summer

Today was the first real day of summer break. It's also our weekly movie day. The kids actually slept in which was blissful, but it also made us rush a little to get there in time. Today's movie was Space Chimps. We got there just in time to get popcorn and sit down when the movie started. On the way in, I noticed that Rhett was in filthy jeans and a disgustingly dirty shirt. I was so mad! I didn't realize I needed to check over my 11 year old. In my frustration, I let him know of my unhappiness and told him I wish I could make him sit in the car. He said "ok, I'll go sit in the car." So, of course, I can't let him actually do that so I told him "if I wouldn't get arrested, I would love that!" Very mature, I know. The movie was ok, but Katy does not sit well and is a royal pain. We have to do this every week, hopefully she will get the hang of it.

After the movie, I needed to go to the bank and pick up 3 things at Wal Mart. I told the kids "just walk beside me!" What a wreck. Katy started out by throwing a fit over not wanting to be in the cart or hold my hand. The whole screaming, falling on the floor thing. Here I was with 7 kids and one of them tantruming for everyone to see. In my determination to not be a Wal Mart mom, I decided to stick her in a little corner till she would hold my hand. It didn't take long, she stopped crying and walked by me just fine. I don't know why she must make me do stuff like that! Then there was the other female with me. She was the worst. I finally grabbed her tightly by the back of the neck and made her walk right beside me. Is walking really that tough? The boys were mostly really good and I was super happy to be out of there!

We got home, had lunch and cleaned up a little before my Visiting Teachers came. As always, very enjoyable. I tried to lay down a little before I had to get kids to scouts. Tonight was pack meeting and I did not prepare very in advance. Lots of things in my head, not so much past that. Pack meeting turned out pretty well despite the lack of leaders and scouts. Summer is rough and right now, everyone is exhausted from end of the school stuff. It really was fine and now there are no scouts for all of June.

I really miss the Biggest Loser. I got nothing! This is a rough week on my weight as well. Too much activity which means eating like crap on the run. Not to mention, I'm a stress eater and a little PMSy. Not a good combination. Add, a holiday and Bunko into all that and I'm sure it will not be a good week on the scale! Luckily I know that tomorrow is another day, or in this case, another week. I just need to keep it in small chunks and not let it become the norm. To the gym in the morning!

3 comments:

Heather said...

7 kids at Walmart just makes me shake my head. I am so glad you survived.

Small crowd tonight but I thought it turned out nice. Simple and sweet just the way we like it.

I am soooo missing all the shows right now. I am going to go watch the Bachlorette that I haven't watched yet.

Lulu said...

oh we get to go see that friday- was it good? You are a brave mama- walmart and any number of children that you can't count on one hand.... brave.

Unknown said...

Yeah, 7 kids in Walmart - scary! Next time if you only have three things to get, send in your most responsible, older child with money and let them buy the three things.