Thursday, December 4, 2008

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times

So yesterday my mood was all over the place. I was grouchy a good portion of the day. Decorating, then cleaning, then hosting....just wasn't really in the mood. Kids got progress reports and that usually gets me a little wound up as well. How does one just decide not to do school work and lie to their parents about it. Are they really that dumb to think that eventually it isn't going to show up somewhere?? Very aggravating. I scheduled activity days for 2 hours, don't know what I was thinking. We were done at exactly an hour and a half which is usually how long we do it. Now we had a half an hour with nothing to do. I pulled out a Christmas video. Boring I know. It went well though. It was my last activity since I'm being released soon.
After the girls left, Glade and I took Chelsey and a friend to a dance concert. Here lies another source of grouchiness. Not only did she just spend about 10 hours in an auditorium for rehearsals for HER upcoming concert, but she is required to go watch and critique someone else's concert for a grade. What that means is that I have to drive her a half hour across town, pay $5 for her to get in and sit in my car to wait for her to finish. Hmmm, does this sound unreasonable for homework? Not only that, but she had to miss her dress rehearsal for her other program because if they left early from the dance one, they got points docked from their grade. I'm not sure what arrogant teacher thinks that her concert takes precedence over the lives of everyone involved. By the way, in that concert, Chelsey has a 2 and a half minute dance. Grrrrr.
On the positive side, I took Glade with me and after we dropped them off, we went to get something to eat. I was in the mood for some hot gooey comfort food. We found Cheeburger Cheeburger. A little 50's diner. The girls walked over to join us when they were done. Oh yeah, Chelsey had called when we were driving away and said the concert was sold out and we would have to do another one some other time. I told her "no way!" I told her to get back in there, tell them why you are here and that you will stand in the back, critique 3 dance and leave. We are NOT going anywhere else! It worked. Anyway, while were sitting and eating, something got us started and we were laughing till we couldn't breathe and tears were rolling down our (my) cheeks. Glade was a little baffled by the incident but we had a grand time. It was just what I needed after a really crappy day. In reflection, I should have heeded the words of Hannah Montana: Life's what you make it, so lets make it rock!"

3 comments:

Heather said...

see it all works out.

I am with you on Chelseys homework thing. That is crazy, and I hate homework that costs me money and driving.

Jake and Jenny said...

Glad you got a good laugh in! WIth me its usually a good cry and then I feel better. Bad days are no fun! Lets get the kids together again, Tessa has not been feeling well but now she is on the mend.

Lulu said...

I could actually feel your laughing bout you had at the end of the day. I hate those roller coaster emotional days and by the end you have gone a little batty.