Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Playing Babies

Last night I did something I haven't done in....YEARS. I'm not a very good "get down and play with your kids" mom. But one of Katy's baby toys needed put back together so I sat down and was trying to fix it. Before I knew it, we were feeding the baby and buckling her in her carseat and washing her. It was amazing to see what Katy already knows about being a mom. For the most part, she treats her baby very softly. When it was time to go ni-night, she tucked her in, turned out the light and shut the door. Bo reminded her that she hadn't said her prayers so Katy picked her up, folded the babies arms and mumbled something that resembled "Heavenly Father, day, amen." I loved it! Her and Bo played for quite awhile after that as "Mommy and Daddy". Katy followed Bo's lead and did everything he suggested as the "mommy".


Katy with her new baby


Yesterday afternoon I convinced myself to go running. That convinced me to get back on Weight Watchers. I didn't gain any weight this holiday season which should make me happy, but I just don't get it. I ate like CRAP! I'm starting to think maybe my scale just recognizes the bottom of my feet and immediately pulls up the same weight every time. It's weird. Anyway, I haven't gained any, but I feel yucky. Obviously with New Years a day away, I'm not doing anything too serious, but starting next week, I'm counting points again and getting back on track. I know I've said that before....

Today I went and got my nails done...ahhhh...nothing better than fresh nails! Then I stopped by the store to get stuff for tomorrow night. I always go overboard, I just can't help myself. It should be fun all things considered. Right now I'm on my way to the temple for Dennis and Stacy's sealing. It's very exciting for them and I'm glad I get to be a part of that. For it being "break", our days sure have been busy. Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to take the kids to Build a Bear. Then Friday we are headed to the snow for the day. School starts on Monday. At least there wasn't much "being bored" going on around here!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I already told Glade, but we are going to be in Payson this weekend, so make sure you call us and let us know where you are having your snow day on Friday and we'll meet you there! Whew! That was a long sentence!!

Leslie said...

Build-a-Bear AND the snow?! You are the best momma ever.