Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas..

As Stephen would say, It's Christmas already! He counts today as being already Christmas since there is so much to do on this day. What a great day it has been. Got up bright and early (7 am) to find Dalin up and on the computer. Normally this would not be shocking but it's not usually him. I asked why he was up and on the computer so early. I looked and saw he had typed in "Santa" into the search bar. He was looking for the Santa Tracker already. He wanted to know where he was and how it was going. He's cute. I got right to bread making. We have been out of bread since Monday. I bought "store bought" bread that day and it hasn't been touched. While at Costco, my girls saw me putting it in the cart and protested "we don't like store bread!". What have I started? So today I decided to make 9 loaves instead of 6. We got laundry started and gave everyone a chore list. About 10 am I decided I really needed some exercise. Have you ever tried to put brownies, cookies, cake, pizza, taco bell and soda into a car a make it run? Me either, but I did it to my body and it doesn't work very well! I took Bo and Katy to the gym with me and the daycare was closed for the day. Rats. I brought them home and decided to just run outside. It was awful. The aforementioned fuel source did not provide whatever my body needed and the run about killed me. But I came home to the smell of bread and roast cooking, a clean house and nice children. I showered, had a short nap and am now ready to proceed with our traditional Christmas Eve candle light dinner. Today has gone so smoothly! (knocking on wood). Last night I finished wrapping a few straggling gifts and was even able to work in hair cuts for me and the boys, thanks Julia! Excitement is truly in the air around here! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: