Monday, December 8, 2008

Visit to Santa

We got up, got dressed in cute clothes and headed to the mall to be first in line to see Santa. We got there 10 minutes early and were 5th in line. Not too bad. The wait was fairly short and the kids got to do a little climbing, snow fell and grandma showed up so it went pretty fast. When Santa showed up, Katy got soooo excited. She was pointing and doing her little dance (she kind of gallops in place). Bo was more in amazement. When it got close to our turn, Katy could see him sitting on the bench and started pointing and babbling again. Finally, it's us. Bo runs right up and jumps on his lap. Katy takes one looks and clinges on to Grandma in sheer terror. We let Bo have a few minutes telling him what things he likes and getting a picture. Then we tried Katy. I don't think she has ever hugged me that tightly. Pretty sure every cell of her body was clinging to me. Actually shaking. Poor thing. I ended up sitting next to him long enough to get a picture. He said his goodbyes and happy holidays and we started to leave. I said to Katy "say bye!" She waved and said "Bye!". Then he turned and looked at her and said goodbye back. She buried her head and the shaking started all over again. So weird. She was more than happy to get out of there. On the way home, Bo was half asleep when he popped his head up and said "Santa said surprise gifts were OK too." Then drifted back off. I'm guessing he had a good time.

Bo and Katy patiently waiting their turn.



Bo is very happy to see Santa. He asked for a Pokeball, a Muchiez and a watch.



Katy not so happy to see Santa. Too cute.


After our visit with Santa we did a little shopping. Other than being totally exhausted by Katy and her determination to not be held, pushed or contained in any manner. Bo used to be so fun to shop with. Katy is a nightmare. I don't know what I would do without my mom there to help. Anyway, I scored! I had a "buy anything and get an item up to $13 free" card at Bath and Body works. I bought a pair of fuzzy socks for my mom for $5 and got a bottle of free body wash for myself. Off to JC Penney where I had a "$10 off a purchase of $10 or more" card. I found a shirt for Whitley for family pictures for less than $10 so I bought her a cute pair of Christmas socks and it all cost me $2.14. We got a coupon for a free kids meal at Chick Fil A from Santa and I had a $10 gift card for the Children's Place that I didn't even get too. Nice! I didn't get to work out today, but I'm sure at at least one point I was sweating (chasing Katy). We were all happy to get in the car and be done. Katy was asleep in minutes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Katy did not look happy, and Bo certainly did. I miss taking my kids to see Santa, enjoy it while it lasts.