Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Countdown and Happy Birthday Nick!

Well, it's basically officially here. Christmas starts in about 24 hours. I'm a little sad about this. It happens every year. I spend a month (ok, a little more) planning and shopping and preparing and planning some more to make everything the best I can. I'm so excited for everyone to see what I bought them I can hardly keep the secrets myself! Then it comes. Wham bam, a few hours later and it's all done. Gone. Over. The most wonderful time of the year ends. It's a good thing that time flies when you're old! I know there will be another one coming before I know it, but it really is a magical time of year and I hate to see it go.

As a note of documentation, I got another cortisone shot today, but I don't think he put it in the right spot. It doesn't feel much better this time. Dang.

On the best note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!! He has hit the ripe old age of 14. He is a royal pain in the butt, but we couldn't love him more. It has been such a journey to get him, and watch him change and grow and become his own person. I always feel bad that his birthday is so close to Christmas so we have his party either a couple months early or a couple months late so people will actually come! He is getting a few things for his birthday, but most importantly, the traditional pack of beef jerky. Funny, I know. The kid loves his jerky! He spent today at work with Glade and they all went to CeCe's pizza for lunch. Tonight we will do cake and presents.

Last night for family home evening, we went to the bakery and packed up a bunch of doughnuts to deliver to our friends and neighbors. It rained the whole time and Katy cried most of it as well. It was still a fun night. Just a note, our method of madness was this: We had to narrow our selection to our kids teachers and leaders. If you didn't get any doughnuts, it's either because you don't fit into that category or you weren't home (Shelli). If someone wasn't home, we gave their box to the closest people we knew that lived by them. The other reason you may not have gotten any: Muddy, yucky roads. Glade was a little ornery about that! We have many great and wonderful friends. I wish it were possible to hit them all. What ever the case may be, Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much - we really enjoyed our donuts this morning!!!

Shelli said...

BUMMER!! We missed out on that one.

Lulu said...

I am SO glad my babysitter opened the door for you! YUM! Thank you!!