Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nght at the Firestation

Last night we were invited to attend a "friends and family" night at the training firestation facility. My mom has a good friend, Joel, who has just finished training and is about to officially become a fireman. He invited us to come watch a display on how they do things. First we had dinner then they all suited up and "put on a show" for lack of a better phrase. They put out a car fire, used the jaws of life to rip a car apart, set a building on fire then extinguished it and finally put out a burning propane tank. It was very interesting to watch and learn so many interesting facts about firefighting. My kids would have loved it, but we didn't realize they could have been there. We were happy Joel thought to invite us. It was a fun night. Sure wish I would have taken my camera!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Fun! Too bad the kids missed it. I wonder how often they do it.
Les.