Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yeah for Rain!

I have LOVED today! It has even thundered a few times. Besides my family, that is what I have missed most about the Midwest. The rain. Even a cloudy day with just a hint of that smell (dirt) that represents rain is so wonderful. In the Midwest, "that smell" is worms. It's a totally different smell than here.
Yesterday was mostly good, had a great day at the gym. It felt so good to sweat again. I even ran for a while at an incline. My legs felt like they were going to fall off! It's fun to see what you are capable of doing. All my boys got haircuts, whew, it was gettin bad!
We had family home evening and everyone went to bed without a fuss.
Today I had an appointment in Phoenix so no gym for me. My mom watched my kids for me. When I returned, Bo was in the bathroom and had just had an "accident". He never does that anymore so I didn't pack him extra underwear. We happened to have an extra pair of shorts though. I told him he just had to wear them. He put them on and kept saying "But I'm naked in my pants!" Aren't we all?
Tonight for mutual, the girls are having a mix-up night where they are supposed to dress me up like they would dress today and I get to dress them up like I would have when I was their age. I will definitely have pictures of this one! I bet I can make Chelsey cry. She isn't very good at looking silly. Speaking of Chelsey, she made the performance troupe and Whitley and Rhett did not. They handled it pretty well, but I was disappointed. They only chose 10 kids Rhett's age and 12 of Whitley's. Over 70 tried out. Oh well, they are both looking forward to Jungle Book try outs this fall.

7 comments:

gena said...

I loved the smell of rain today. The thunder made me ask myself if we were in monsoon season, but nope...it went away, shux!

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

LOVE the new background! The pics of the kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures of the kids that you put up, they look GREAT!

Camille said...

Love the new background!

Camille said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, love the "Brady Bunch" pictures of your kids. What a cute way to show them.

Lulu said...

Poor Chelsey. ha ha- I read that post first that said, yup chelsea cried. It strikes me as ood though- she is such a confident and beautiful girl. Yes, I want pics- I saw Heather's girls tonight- HILARIOUS.

Heather said...

I will send the pictures I have of you and your girls. It was a fun night and you guys looked great. I love the 80's.