Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Illinois

I'm going to have to cover the last 5 days in a couple of different posts. So much to tell and I'm not sure how. I was very blessed to be able to return to my hometown in Illinois to help my Gramma B celebrate her 80th birthday. What a great weekend!


THE FLIGHT
We were supposed to leave at 7 am on Friday morning. Awoke and was at the airport by 6. We flew through baggage and ran to the plane. We (my mom, Katy and I) were about the last ones on the plane. Once we got seated, we found out that the plane was over booked and they were asking for volunteers to take a later flight. We looked at each other and thought "Why not?"
We were rushed off and rescheduled on a later flight. For that we were rewarded with 2 free round trip tickets EACH. Not a bad way to start. However, our flight was not for 5 hours! Glade had dropped us off and left. We had nothing to do but sit and wait for 5 HOURS. I spent my time dreaming of places I would go with my free tickets. Katy did really well. We had breakfast and spent most of the time just letting her run around. She did manage to squirt chocolate milk all over her white shirt before we left. Then, right before we took off in Atlanta, she peed all over my lap. Nasty! Due to the delay, we didn't arrive until 10:45 pm. Not so good. My sister and dad were sweet enough to come pick us up that late. The kicker, Katy only slept about an hour and a half the whole day. She spent 6 hours on a plane AWAKE! It was not that enjoyable. She wasn't bad or anything, but she definitely didn't want to sit. We were beat by the time we got there.
The trip home: No delays, but lots of sleep! She slept the entire first leg of our trip! When we arrived in Atlanta, I know, my bad, we only had 45 minutes to get to our gate. We hauled booty and were barely going to make it. We thought we had just enough time to order dinner and take it on the plane. NOT! We did have enough time to order it, pay for it, and leave it. So now we were headed out on a 4 hour flight with no dinner. Luckily, we had wheat thins, beef jerky, and of course, pretzels. Katy did so good. She was happy and cute and eventually fell asleep. Much nicer than on the way out. We got in at 9:30 pm. I couldn't figure out why I was so tired. Duh, with the time changes, it was like 11:30. Sheesh. Glade picked us up and off we went for home, how nice is your own bed???

Katy having breakfast at the airport.



She spent a good portion of time unplugging and plugging my mp3


She was wild right before we took off for home!
Finally! Her one hour nap during our layover.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a great time. Even better 2 free tickets. Lucky girl. Ü

Lulu said...

I ran into Glade at the grocery store while you were waiting the extra 5 hours. I'd give up my seat for two free tickets! Although you didn't know that when you did it... I am sure everyone else was thankful. Katy is so darn cute, it has to be my favorite age.