Monday, May 5, 2008

a Good Sunday

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Fast Sunday is always a challenge for me. I can not eat, but the drinking is hard. Not to mention I haven't done it for most of my married years (babies). I felt like I got a lot of direct instruction during church. I guess that's what fasting and praying is for, it works! Had the family over for dinner, I ate my whole days points in one meal! It's those dang rolls, I'm a sucker for bread. I'm still down though. Today I went to the gym and tried a few different machines to change up my routine. Instead of going by time like usual, I went by calories burned. When I hit 500, I quit! I sweated like crazy. I used to get a little misty when I worked out, but now that I'm REALLY working out, I drip sweat. It feels really good. Killer on my hair though.
The school year is winding down and I feel like every night is booked with some kind of awards ceremony or concert or recognition something. I'm all about praise and positive affirmation but sheesh. Only 3 weeks left!
Stephen had his first babysitting job this weekend. Thanks Gena! He has wanted to for so long. Whitley went with him for a little training. She said he did pretty well. Everyone was alive so I guess that's good.
A few of my kids are trying out for this performance troupe this weekend. It's a year long commitment. I'm torn on whether or not I want to make it! It will be really fun for them. I hope Rhett makes it. He really sings well and I think it would be good for him.
The girls had a great time on their overnighter this weekend. Chelsey rode home with the Bishop and his wife. She said they were so fun and the bishop is actually a really funny guy! Whitley got the scenic view trip home and still loved every minute. This weekend is fathers and sons so us girls will have to find something exciting to do. I'm sure that won't be a problem!

8 comments:

gena said...

With my kids my worry is for the babysitters safety-Stephen survived:)

Camille said...

I want to come--I never get to do mother daughter stuff--since I have no daughters. lol

Heather said...

the scenic route is putting it mildly. grrrr. I am still recovering. Whitley is the best she is the one who kept me going, I just love her.

SherriH said...

I am so jealous of your hard work. I just can't find the time to work out for real. I walk and that is about it. I used to work out with some women at the school but then Cassie's cheerleading started. I never got back there and now softball is starting.

You go girl! Keep up the good sweat!

Tairi said...

Good job Laurie! You must look amazing, every time I read your blog you are down three lbs! I dont know how you find the time to work out with all of the things going on in your life! I cant believe how old Chelsey is, she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another 3 lbs! You are doing great!! Sorry we haven't made it to Sunday dinner in so long...maybe next week?

Lulu said...

I am so glad Gena used stephen- we had talked about it- I just love Stephen- he is such a great kid. And I am a bread lover as well.

Heather said...

hey how come Julia doesn't tell you she doesn't like word verification like she tells me. Hmmm. I keep mine on just to bug her. Ü