Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Today was a really nice mother's day for me. We had games night last night and while I was gone, the kids cleaned most of the house and put all their laundry away. That was a great surprise. We were up pretty early, the kids are always excited for me to see my goodies. We had breakfast and then I got to open all my gifts. Long list short: paper flowers, a picture frame, a decorated tile, some very cute cards, a written on paper plate (last minute idea), a very pretty necklace and a book entitled "Strangling your husband is not an option".
It was a pretty peaceful morning, we were a little late and didn't get our bench at church, had to sit wayyyy in the back, yuck! Glade led the music today and during the very first song, Katy grabbed my new necklace and broke it. Chelsey was about that age when I stopped wearing necklaces for that very reason. I think I can get a new chain, but that was really stinky. I was already grouchy about the bench thing. The primary kids went up to sing 3 songs about mother's. Brooklyn elbowed her way right to front and center which happens to be right in front of the microphone. The first song she did fine, then the second she started standing on her tiptoes and tipping her head up towards the microphone. By the third song, she had pulled the microphone right down to her mouth and was basically having her own little solo. We were laughing so hard, partially out of embarrassment since every one else was pointing and laughing as well and partly because it was just plain funny. We composed ourselves by the time she came back and told her how inappropriate that was.
The rest of the day has been very uneventful. Had a little nap, got dinner ready for the family and just enjoyed the rest of the day.
Glade has been really sweet and makes me feel really twitterpated all over again. He's great. He went out to do irrigation today and something got in his eye and it swelled up really bad. He looked like Quasi Moto all day. Poor thing. It's getting better now. I wish I would have taken a picture!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before that I finished the Hinckley Challenge. I am officially a "warrior". woohoo! We were supposed to finish reading the book of mormon by may 10, that would be 97 days. That was chosen because Pres. Hinckley was 97 when he died. I finished Friday night while the girls were all here. One day early!
Can't wait to get back on my exercise and dieting. I had a terrible week, but I think I'm over it. I'm ready to get down and sweaty again!
Lastly, just want to say what great Moms I have. Really and truly they are all wonderful in their own capacity. All very different and all very special. We are a very blessed family to have so much love in so many directions. Love you all!

3 comments:

SherriH said...

Actually, Jess did say something about sending a picture of Connie. Not sure if she is, the one we saw was kind of dark but it was the last picture taken of her at Olan Mills. I will call her and see if she is going to send it. She had a couple of them.

Sounds like your mom's day was a good one.

gena said...

Brooklyn was hilarious! We were laughing too:)

Lulu said...

I would have liked to have seen the quasi moto pics. And ha ha, yes we all loved Brooklyn's serenade. She is so sweet.