Saturday, May 3, 2008

A mile and a half

I just ran a mile and a half without stopping! No laughing, that is a huge accomplishment for me. I usually do one lap then walk then another. Today I ate too many cookies, so when I went to the gym I decided to work a little harder. My goal was 2 laps without stopping. When I hit that, I thought, just one more. Then I was too close to a mile to not try for that. When I hit that, I thought , I could go more. When I hit a mile and a half, I figured I could probably go more, but I was pretty done. Very excited I might add! I walked a few, then ran another half mile for a total of 2 miles running. When I was done on the treadmill, I tried the rowing, courtesy of Heather. I did 10 minutes there and decided to stop. I was feeling like I could go forever, but logic took over and said to me "you are probably going to need a wheelchair tomorrow". That may very well be true, but it felt great today!

5 comments:

Heather said...

yeah the rowing machine. I love it! Sorry I couldn't do the class with you, I was getting ready for YW camp. Your girls are a hoot, I had so much fun with them.

SherriH said...

and how do you feel this morning? Way to go. It's amazing what you can do when you decide you can do it.

As for Greased Lightening, yes, I have LISTENED to the words. If you go back over a lot of the music we listened to you'd see why mom didn't like us listening to it. I keep telling Cassie the same thing about her music. What goes around comes around. She will hear it in 20 years and realize it wasn't a good choice.

The thing with Cas is she never really listenes to the words, I'll ask her "What's this song about?" and she has no clue (or at least that is the way she acts)

see you in 19 days!!

Camille said...

You are AWESOME! You've inspired me to try and run tomorrow. I'll let you know how far I get. I just can't run--but then I think of all those biggest loser contestants and how they ran, and well, I'm going to get off my fat behind and try!

gena said...

Good for you! Running on the treadmill is harder for me than running around the block. Running 1.5 miles without stopping is an accomplishment for sure!

Lulu said...

WOO HOO. Girl when you put your mind to something I am guessing you go all the way!!