Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Morning

What a good morning so far. Slept in until I wanted to get up which was still 7:15, but I was ready. Got breakfast ready with the help of all but 2 of my children. 3 if you include Katy. I love when everyone wants to do something and they all work together, makes for a very happy meal! The 2 that stayed in bed until breakfast got to do dishes. Guess what?? Neither one complained, they just worked together and got it done. Amazing! The rest of us sorted laundry and now everyone is just hanging out being nice. I think I might be in the twilight zone.
This weekend has been productive. Friday, my mom and I with the babies drove to phoenix to get the birth certificate and it only took like 20 minutes total in the office. I was so pleasantly surprised and relieved. Now I have every one's everything. Whew! We went to lunch after and then to the mall. Woo Hoo the mall! We didn't have a long time to shop, but a little. My babies were so good. Katy slept in the car and then was happy every where we went and Bo is just always good. They got to play in the play place for a little while, that's their reward. Didn't have much of a date night, too many people to take places. We just went to dinner and then home.
Saturday, we all got up early and worked out in the yard which desperately needed it. The boys did all the grass cutting and weed eating, digging and fixing. It looks great. Whitley and I sprayed down the whole front of the house and cleaned the porch and railings. It looked really nice. After all the hard work, the kids and I headed out to the movies. The big ones saw the new Narnia movie and Bo and I saw Horton again. That was tortuous. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep once. They all seemed to like the movie and it's always fun to get out and go do something different. Did I mention, they all paid for themselves! After the movie, I had a quick nap and then Glade and I headed out for date night. The kids were really good while we were gone and that makes it really nice to come home. Again, twilight zone?
Getting really excited about going to Illinois THIS WEEK! I'm already missing Bo though. I wish I could take him with me. It will be weird without him. He, Katy and I are kind of a threesome.
I'm sure he will be fine.
You shouldn't try to catch up a whole weekend in one post, way too long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you all last night. The kids had a wonderful time, and the food was delicious!

gena said...

Sorry we had to bomb out on you this weekend. Sounds like it was very pleasent though. How were the peaches? We have more if you need another bag.