Thursday, May 8, 2008

And the winner goes to...

Well, I know sometimes things are redundant and this may be one of them, however.....Tonight Chelsey had a choir concert. She had a solo, her first, in which she did really well. Her voice wasn't shaky at all. After they performed, they gave out a couple of awards. These were awards voted on by the members of the choir. They gave a "spirit" award to one of her good friends, then they gave an award for "outstanding choral" student and guess who won that....Chelsey! I was so excited for her. Everytime she has been involved in a performance where they hand out awards, she gets one. When she won in orchestra, it was actually quite humorous. The director went into the praising of this student who was the prime example of a dedicated, hard working, talented musician. Yep, Chelsey. The funny part was when we were leaving and she said "I don't even bring my instrument home!" She never practiced. Life should be that easy for all of us. Oh yeah, she also got elected as fundraising chairman for NHS. She just continues to amaze me.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Ah, I have a chelsey in my family as well. She inspires all of us. I don't know Chelsey super well, but she seems like someone wth a kind heart- the kind of person everyone likes. Congrats Chelsey!

SherriH said...

Well, it just proves that children don't necessarily get talent from their parents!

Heather said...

You should be a very proud mama. I had fun getting to know her better at the YW overnighter.