Saturday, May 10, 2008

Girls Night

In reading every one's "girls night" stories, I have to say, I'm a little jealous. I took a different route this year and I think it was a good thing, just not the same. I let each of my girls invite 2 or 3 friends over for a sleepover. Sleepovers aren't that great at our house because there are so many extra people. I thought it would be fun for the girls to have the whole house without any stinky brothers. We ended up with 12 of us girls here. Only 2 ended up spending the night which was actually kind of nice. We ordered in pizza and had soda and munchies. It was really very quiet most of the evening. Each group found their own spot and kinda did their own thing. Katy and I just hung out downstairs.
So whereas my girls and I had no big bonding moments, they got to enjoy their friends in a way they don't normally get to. I think it was a good decision.
I woke up today determined to get straight to the gym, but got caught up scrap booking. I have one page left for my grandma's book. I did manage to get to the store to buy a new pair of jeans. Mine are almost so big I can't keep them up. I don't want to replace too many since I plan on continuing to lose, but I needed at least a couple I could wear. Kind of exciting. I'm going to try to get to the gym this afternoon. I have to take my kids to this performance group tryout. I hope they do well, I think it will be fun for them.
My boys aren't home yet from Father's and Son's. I'm sure they had a great time. Bo was so cute. He had no idea where he was going. When I told him we need to put some clothes in his backpack, he started stripping right there. As he was leaving, I told him to remind Daddy to put sun screen on him when he woke up. He dropped his bag and slumped his shoulders and cried "I don't want to take a nap!" He just didn't get that he would be sleeping up there. I love my boys. It's fun to watch them all pile in. They insist on taking very little. I keep trying to convince them "just in case" but they don't buy it. I'm anxious to hear from them. There's always at least one that "accidentally" "falls" into the creek. I have come a long way from the first time Glade took Stephen. I cried for an hour sure that I would never see him again. He talked about that trip for years!

3 comments:

gena said...

Congrats!! I can't wait until I have pants that don't stay up...inches are more important than pounds in my book:)

Heather said...

I agree with Gena, inches count the most. Good job Laurie on getting a smaller size that is always fun. Great idea for girls night, I almost had my girls do a late night with friends but I got selfish and took them out instead. We should all go out next year. Ü

SherriH said...

It sounds like everyone enjoyed girls night. It gave teh girls something they don't get often......Girl time with their friends with out the annoying brothers.

Way to go on the weight loss. Just think of all the clothes you will get to buy once you hit goal. I wish I had the fortitude to keep pushing. I just can't find the time. I think I am going to try the DVD JoAnne suggested.