Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer!

Did I really want this?? My kids are crazy and it's been like 2 days! I know it's new and all, but they are waking up at 6 am to play computer and watch TV. By 10, they are bored already. Next week is going to be quite different. Not to their liking I'm sure. Still trying to work off the pounds I gained in Illinois. I can't believe how easy it is to gain and how HARD it is to lose, so not fair. I signed Stephen and Chelsey up for the gym today. Stephen has gone with me 2 days in a row. Poor kid. He is in that "I want to but it really sucks" stage. I remember when it didn't feel that great to sweat and have your legs aching and begging you to stop. Now I keep going until I feel that and then go a little more. Hopefully he will get their too. He has so much athletic ability, but his extra weight is really "weighing" him down. Pun intended!
All my kids are gone to do baptisms tonight. I love when they get to do stuff like that. I really need to get to the temple more. I would like to say that when we get the one closer to us I would go more often, but really 15 minutes is not that big of a deal. I just need to do it.
Have to tell a Whitley story. She came home from her last day of school totally crying. I gave her a hug and assured her she could still get together with her friends that will be attending a different high school next year. She said it wasn't her friends she was crying about, it was her teacher. Very sweet, huh. Well, let me tell you another story. When she was in 2nd grade, one of the personnel at her school was retiring. The school held a little goodbye ceremony type thing for him. She came home crying that day as well. Wanna know who was retiring? The JANITOR! So these things are no longer shocking to me, quite humorous in a sympathetic sort of way. She also had to write a whole book about herself this year and it was quite good. She is a great writer. She gets that from her mom! There were a few things I even asked if she wrote that or found it on the Internet. Nope, all her own! What a gal.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Are you talking about Joe?! He was a nice guy and a great janitor.

Lulu said...

Your children are hilarious. And yes, one of your daughters did say that things were a little crazy since you came home and school was out. Good luck with that!

gena said...

So not looking forward to keeping kids busy this summer. They want to play all day and whine that there is nothing to do, but when I give them something to do isn't not fair they have to work. Time to get armored up for the battles ahead:)

Heather said...

that is so funny that our post are so similar. Great minds think alike. Ü Hey Chelsea and Whitley are such fun kids, I have really enjoyed watching them at camp activities.