Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Update

Friday

Though my house was dirty and I had much laundry to deal with, Katy had been begging for some social interaction and I was in need of some "friend" time. (holy cow! Every time I talk about this I choke up!) I made a date with a friend I haven't been able to spend time with in way too long to meet at the park. We took our girls to a fairly deserted little playground, packed lunches and spent three hours catching up. As I sat talking to her, I got all choked up realizing how blessed I am to have her friendship. Little tears escape right now as I think back on it. It was a great morning and the kids all played so well for such a long time.

That night we had already planned a date with her and her husband so they came to pick me up and we drove in town to meet Glade. We grabbed a quick dinner and saw the movie True Grit. It was actually pretty good, I was a little surprised.

Saturday

Saturday was busy as always. The kids had play practice from 9-12 so I drove them there and then went for my last long run before my half marathon. I'm still not 100% sure I will do it. I only ran 7 miles and was able to run all of it, but that's only half and I was really ready to be done. We'll see how this week goes. After my run, I had just enough time to shower, run to walmart to pick up a cake for Dalin's party, grab the kids from play practice and get home just in time for friends to start showing up. Dalin's birthday was on Thursday. He invited a few friends to go play Laser Tag. I'll do that in another post.

After the party, I laid down for a much need snooze while Glade began the dejunking of our garage. It's still in need of more, but he got a good start. Around dinner time I invited Glade to "run errands" with me. I was seriously craving a Red Robin burger. I never get a burger there but I really wanted one. We got the kids fed and slipped out for our "errands". The kids were making fun of us because they knew what we were up to. After a delicious dinner, we walked over to Dick's Sporting Goods to browse around. Glade had run 9 miles earlier so his walking abilities left a little to be desired. He doesn't believe in building up to it.

Once home, we put the kids to bed and turned on the TV, something we almost never do. The Notebook was on! We laid in bed and watched the movie together, something we almost never do. It was such a great ending to a super good weekend.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun date day. We are loving having streaming Netflix on the TV in our bedroom. I know some people don't agree with a TV in the bedroom, but I love the together time all snuggled next to each other. :)

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great day! Oh, and you have to run...don't you know that I am running vicariously through you until the day that I can do it myself?! You'll do just fine. You don't have to be the first to finish on your very first 1/2 marathon, you know? =)