Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Always Moving

School is back in and I'm almost back into the swing of real life. Monday was a crazy day where I wished they were back in school already. Tuesday was back to crazy taxi day but I had help from Chelsey this time. Having her home is great for all sorts of reasons! I also had my first mutual outing with the girls. It's good that I already feel comfortable with the girls I have now. They are the same age as my girls, so I kinda know them already. We spent the evening out cheering on the boys for their softball game.

I got most of Christmas put away and my house back to normal. Not clean, but I guess that would fall under normal. I have a menu made up and plans for a more organized and "on it' kind of year.

I did a few things outside the norm today. The PAC is doing Hairspray as it's next production, which is a family musical. Glade and I are both auditioning Friday night. I don't sing and have never actually sung in front of anyone but my immediate family. I know I won't get a part like that, but just hoping they will stick me in the back somewhere and still let me be a part of it. Rhett, Whitley and Stephen are trying out as well. I also made and sent in an audition tape to be chosen as a runner for the Biggest Loser Ragnar team in So. Cal this spring. My chances are slim, but how great would that be???

Stephen started a training clinic yesterday and had a little bit of a moment while running at the end. Running is not his thing and he was only finishing his third lap while the rest were done. They stretched while he finished his laps. The captain of the football team came out and ran with him and kept him pushing harder than he can push himself. When he finished, they all clapped and cheered. Now, I totally hate that, feels demeaning...BUT it also says "we're here for you" and that's important. It was a hard day for him, but I think it was good.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are so stinkin outgoing, and I love it. You amaze me all the time. Good luck with the audition for PAC and Ragnar I hope you get both.

Leslie said...

If they don't choose you for a dancer for Hairspray they've inhaled too much of the stuff. Who cares if you can sing?!

BL Ragnar?! Awesome. In SoCal? Awesomer!